Errors Plague Booyah on Road
Wisconsin Rapids, WI - The Green Bay Booyah couldn't overcome the mistakes they made on the defensive end on Tuesday night as they fell 4-2 to the Rafters.
Green Bay hopped out to an early lead in the top of the second inning when Matt Morgan picked up his first RBI on the season off of a sacrifice fly to center field that scored Blaise Maris. Morgan's first RBI of the year gave the Booyah a 1-0 lead, which they only held until the Rafters came to bat in the bottom of the second.
Wisconsin Rapids scored two runs in the bottom of the second to take a 2-1 lead, which is what the scored remained until the top of the sixth. In the sixth, Jacob Buchberger led off the inning by doubling off the right field wall. Following a Brady West single which put runners on the corners, Maris stepped in for the third time of the day. In his third at bat, Maris lifted a ball into deep center which scored Buchberger to tie the game at two.
In the end, Wisconsin Rapids went on to score two more run in the bottom of the sixth which propelled them to victory. Defensively, Green Bay made two errors which resulted in three Rafters runs scoring in the game. At the plate, Cooper Morrison led the way by going 2-4, and Buchberger, West, Maris, and Nick Kreutzer all went 1-4.
On the mound, Victor Santana was handed the loss after going 5.2 innings and giving up four runs, two of which were earned. Santana's loss was his first of the season, and puts him at a 1-1 record overall. Out of the bullpen, Chandler Ingram and Nick Riggle combined for 2.1 scoreless innings, and three strikeouts.
Green Bay hosts Wisconsin Rapids tomorrow at 7:05 p.m. with a chance to get revenge on the Rafters. Dalton Wiggins makes his third start of the season as the Booyah look to get back to two games behind Wisconsin Rapids.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5-minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Cooper Morrison of the Green Bay Booyah
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 30, 2019
- Express Drop Game 1 of the Willmar Series - Eau Claire Express
- Express Blanked by Stingers in Game 1 - Eau Claire Express
- Honkers Homer Their Way to 21-9 Win over Larks - Rochester Honkers
- Kingfish Fall to Jackrabbits - Kenosha Kingfish
- Barth Breaks Two Records, Rox Fall to Bucks - St. Cloud Rox
- Errors Plague Booyah on Road - Green Bay Booyah
- Bombers Hold off Rivets to Snap Losing Skid - Battle Creek Bombers
- Rafters Pick up Critical Home Win over Green Bay - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Stingers Take Two in Double Header - Willmar Stingers
- Rivets Drop Series Opener to Battle Creek - Rockford Rivets
- MoonDogs Rallies Stymied by Border Cats in Game One - Mankato MoonDogs
- EJ Ranel Powers Mallards to 4-3 Win - Madison Mallards
- Grimm's 2 Out, 2 Run Double Wins It for Fondy - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Blow Ninth-Inning Save Opportunity and Lose to Madison - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Growlers Blanked at Traverse City - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Loggers' Bats Come Alive Late to Beat Huskies 2-1 - Duluth Huskies
- Pit Spitters Shutout Growlers in Series Opener - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Stingers Shutout the Express - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters Open Four-Game Homestand against Booyah - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks Stumble 6-2 in Nightcap - Waterloo Bucks
- Stingers Top the Express - Willmar Stingers
- Carrillo Tosses Complete Game in Rox Win - St. Cloud Rox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah and Beer Pick-Up Special for Saturday, October 24th
- Special Rocky's Kid's Pack Available Now
- Green Bay BOO-Yah to Host Halloween Trick-Or-Treat Event at Capital Credit Union Park
- Booyah Succeed at Providing Community with Safe Summer Entertainment
- Green Bay Booyah to Host Wine Dinner September 17th