Energy Sign Forward Billy White
DES MOINES, IA Dec 8, 2011- The 2011 NBA D-League Champion Iowa Energy have signed 6'8" forward Billy White from San Diego State University. White is expected to attend training camp with an NBA team starting Friday, and will join the Energy at a later date.
White averaged 10.3 points and 4.4 rebounds last season at San Diego State. The Aztecs advanced to the Elite 8 of the NCAA tournament before falling to eventual champion Connecticut.
The signing of White brings the Energy's roster to 12, the maximum allowed by the league at the moment.
The Energy host Sioux Falls Friday and Saturday, with both games tipping at 7pm. Tickets for all regular season games are now on sale at www.DahlsTickets.com.
Season tickets for the Energy's 24 games home schedule are also available. For more information, visit www.IowaNBA.com. Season tickets start at just $199 per seat, and include a number of special benefits.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 8, 2011
- Jam Stifle Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Three Bighorns Players to Attend NBA Training Camps - Reno Bighorns
- Armor Crush the Claws - Springfield Armor
- Idaho Announces Time, Date Changes for Upcoming Games - Idaho Stampede
- NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement Seen Giving Boost to NBA Development League - G League
- Armor Reacquire Alejo Rodriguez - Springfield Armor
- Energy Sign Forward Billy White - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants Acquire Daye - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Stampede Acquire Antoine Walker - Idaho Stampede
- Late Defensive Stand Helps D-Fenders Win Streak To Four - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Bates-Diop Assigned to Iowa
- Wolves Band Together in Second Half, Defeat Legends at Home
- Wolves Fend off Clippers, Earn First Victory of Season
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Diamond Stone in Trade with Salt Lake City
- Wolves Drop Contest to Lakers in Final Seconds