Energy Look to Capture Central Division Title with Home Games Tonight and Saturday
Des Moines, IA - April 4, 2014 - The Energy are currently sit atop the Central Division heading into the final two games of the NBA D-League's regular season, owning the tie breaker over the Rio Grande Valley Vipers and Sioux Falls Skyforce. The three teams all have identical 29-19 records; and each team has two home games remaining on the schedule.
The Energy will take on the Maine Red Claws tonight at 7 PM at Wells Fargo Arena for the ARL Midcourt Mutts presented by Anderson Animal Hospital. Fans can bring their dogs to the game by purchasing tickets in advance by calling Randi Burrell at 564-8554. A portion of the purchase will go towards the Animal Rescue League.
On Saturday, Benny the Bull will be in town for the regular season finale vs the LA D-Fenders at 7 PM. Go Green Night will feature a water bottle giveaway for the first 1,000 fans presented by MidAmerican Energy. The team will be wearing green jerseys that will be auctioned off to benefit MidAmerican Energy's I CARE program. The game will also be the final game for the popular $2 beer night, starting at 6 PM and running through the end of the first quarter.
The Energy have already clinched a playoff berth. Playoff dates and times will be determined at the conclusion of the regular season on Sunday. Follow the Energy on Twitter and Facebook for the latest playoff information.
Purchase tickets to the games by calling 564-8550, visiting DahlsTickets.com, or stop by the Wells Fargo Arena box office.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 4, 2014
- Skyforce Gets Offensive in Win over Legends - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- 66ers March Past Charge - Tulsa 66ers
- Legends Come up Short in Shootout in Sioux Falls - Texas Legends
- Vipers Snap Losing Streak with 121-110 Win over Idaho - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- D-Fenders Come up One Point Short to Fort Wayne in Double Overtime - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Charge Drop Regular Season Finale in Tulsa - Canton Charge
- Energy Earn Wire to Wire Victory Behind Record Breaking Performance - Iowa Wolves
- Brown Rallies Armor Past Sevens, 125-114 - Springfield Armor
- Springfield Edges by Delaware 125-114 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Reno Bighorns Acquire Tajuan Porter - Reno Bighorns
- 87ers to Host Fan Appreciation Night on Saturday, April 5 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Playoff Tickets Now on Sale - Santa Cruz Warriors
- NBA D-League Update - G League
- Energy Look to Capture Central Division Title with Home Games Tonight and Saturday - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Justin Patton Injury Update
- Amile Jefferson Named to Three All-NBA G League Teams
- Timberwolves Convert Amile Jefferson to Standard NBA Contract
- Timberwolves Recall Justin Patton from NBA G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Amile Jefferson Breaks NBA G League Single Season Double Double Record in Wolves Season Finale