Brown Rallies Armor Past Sevens, 125-114
NEWARK, Del. - A second half scoring spree by Lorenzo Brown pushed the Springfield Armor (21-28), presented by MGM Springfield, past the host Delaware 87ers (12-37) by a final score of 125-114 Friday night inside the Bob Carpenter Center.
Springfield fell behind by as many as 12 in the first quarter, but 11 points from Khalif Wyatt and a 7-2 run to close the frame pulled the Armor within one after 12 minutes, 30-29. The five Springfield starters accounted for all of the Armor's scoring, while a 9-0 edge in second chance points kept the visitor's close.
Wyatt was held scoreless in the second, but forward Devin Ebanks stepped into the game for 12 points in the stanza. Delaware's Thanasis Antetokounmpo dropped 10 of his 14 first half points in the second to keep the home team in front at the break, 61-58.
Two minutes into the third and the Armor had knotted the game at 62 before an 18-6 run over the next five minutes gave Springfield its largest lead of the evening at 80-68. The Sevens battled back to pull within one, but the Armor retained the lead for the remainder of the quarter, taking an 88-83 advantage into the fourth.
The story of the second half was former Seven and current Armor guard Lorenzo Brown who scored 23 of his game-high 28 points in the final two quarters.
With 8:04 to go, Delaware took its final lead of the night before Brown put Springfield back on top on the Armor's very next possession. The lead reached as high as 12 during the final few minutes as the Armor held on for the 125-114 victory.
Ebanks dropped in 21, while Adonis Thomas added 20 as six members of the Springfield lineup reached double figures. Thomas also grabbed 10 boards for a double-double, as did Jeff Foote with 11 points and 12 rebounds.
Rodney Williams led the way for Delaware with 26 points, one of seven 87ers in double figures.
The win gives Springfield a 4-1 edge in the season set with the finale set to tip-off tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. EST inside the Bob Carpenter Center. For more information on the Armor, visit www.ArmorHoops.com or call (413) 746-3263. Keep up with the Armor on Facebook and Twitter !
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 4, 2014
- Skyforce Gets Offensive in Win over Legends - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- 66ers March Past Charge - Tulsa 66ers
- Legends Come up Short in Shootout in Sioux Falls - Texas Legends
- Vipers Snap Losing Streak with 121-110 Win over Idaho - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- D-Fenders Come up One Point Short to Fort Wayne in Double Overtime - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Charge Drop Regular Season Finale in Tulsa - Canton Charge
- Energy Earn Wire to Wire Victory Behind Record Breaking Performance - Iowa Wolves
- Brown Rallies Armor Past Sevens, 125-114 - Springfield Armor
- Springfield Edges by Delaware 125-114 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Reno Bighorns Acquire Tajuan Porter - Reno Bighorns
- 87ers to Host Fan Appreciation Night on Saturday, April 5 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Playoff Tickets Now on Sale - Santa Cruz Warriors
- NBA D-League Update - G League
- Energy Look to Capture Central Division Title with Home Games Tonight and Saturday - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.