Energy Earn Wire to Wire Victory Behind Record Breaking Performance
Des Moines, IA - April 4, 2014 - The Iowa Energy defeated the Maine Red Claws on Friday night at Wells Fargo Arena. Iowa's Patrick Christopher's 47 points broke an Energy all-time single game scoring record.
The Energy jumped out the early lead in the first quarter and would not relinquish the lead for the remainder of the game. Iowa's Moses Ehambe scored 11 of his 22 points in the first, and also pulled down 7 of his 9 rebounds in the quarter. Iowa led 38-22 after one.
The Energy continued the consistent play in the second quarter and took a 75-53 lead into halftime.
Patrick Christopher led the Energy in the third quarter, scoring 23 of his game-high 47 points in the quarter. Maine's Frank Gaines had 12 of his team-high 39 points in the quarter. Iowa led 114-87 heading into the final quarter.
The Energy cruised in the final quarter to a 142-122 victory over Maine. The Energy improve to 30-19 on the year and the Red Claws fall to 19-31.
Frank Gaines led the Red Claws with 39 points. Tyler Brown added 32 points on 9 of 13 from behind the arc as Maine's lone reserve. Abdul Gaddy had a near triple-double with 19 points, 9 assists, and 9 rebounds.
Christopher's 47 points broke the Energy's all-time record, passing former record holder Patrick Sander's 43 points. Ehambe finished with 22 points and 9 rebounds. Othyus Jeffers added 18 points, 7 assists, and 5 rebounds. Curtis Stinson had 10 points and 10 assists for Iowa. The Energy out-rebounded Maine 58-39.
Currently, the Energy are hold the Central division lead over Sioux Falls and Rio Grande Valley.
The Energy will face the LA D-Fenders in tomorrow's regular season finale at Wells Fargo Arena at 7 PM for MidAmerican's Go Green Night with an Energy water bottle giveaway for the first 1,000 fans through the doors featuring Benny the Bull and $2 beer.
Purchase tickets to the games by calling 564-8550, visiting DahlsTickets.com, or stop by the Wells Fargo Arena box office.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 4, 2014
- Skyforce Gets Offensive in Win over Legends - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- 66ers March Past Charge - Tulsa 66ers
- Legends Come up Short in Shootout in Sioux Falls - Texas Legends
- Vipers Snap Losing Streak with 121-110 Win over Idaho - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- D-Fenders Come up One Point Short to Fort Wayne in Double Overtime - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Charge Drop Regular Season Finale in Tulsa - Canton Charge
- Energy Earn Wire to Wire Victory Behind Record Breaking Performance - Iowa Wolves
- Brown Rallies Armor Past Sevens, 125-114 - Springfield Armor
- Springfield Edges by Delaware 125-114 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Reno Bighorns Acquire Tajuan Porter - Reno Bighorns
- 87ers to Host Fan Appreciation Night on Saturday, April 5 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Playoff Tickets Now on Sale - Santa Cruz Warriors
- NBA D-League Update - G League
- Energy Look to Capture Central Division Title with Home Games Tonight and Saturday - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.