Energy FC Bolsters Squad with Two New Signings
OKLAHOMA CITY - Energy FC have signed defender Chris Duvall and midfielder Ian McGrath, Head Coach Steve Cooke announced today. Duvall joins OKC after making three appearances for USL Championship's Rio Grande Valley FC Toros and one appearance for MLS's Houston Dynamo. McGrath most recently featured for Queen of the South of the Scottish Championship, Scotland's second division, where he made 11 appearances.
"Chris is a really experienced player with a lot of MLS experience," said Cooke. "We're hoping that when it comes to crunch time, we can use it to our advantage. With Ian, he brings a great mentality for a young player. He's had some good experience in the States and in Scotland in a high-energy league - something we are going to need at this point in the season."
Prior to 2018, Duvall made a combined 101 MLS appearances between New York Red Bulls and the Montreal Impact from 2014-18, scoring two goals and adding six assists.
"I'm ready to get the ball rolling," said Duvall. "We've got five games left and we want to get into the playoffs."
McGrath, a graduate of the University of Evansville, where he scored 26 goals in 71 appearances, also played for FC Buffalo, Nashville SC and Inter Nashville FC, where he scored a combined five goals in 14 appearances.
"I'm a hard-nosed player that likes to get stuck in and score goals," said McGrath. "I'm all about hard work, and I wear my heart on my sleeve, so you can expect that."
Energy FC host Sacramento Republic FC in the penultimate home match of the 2019 regular season this Sunday, September 22. Kickoff for that one is set for 6 p.m. at Taft Stadium.
Images from this story
OKC Energy FC signees Chris Duvall and Ian McGrath
OKC Energy FC signee Chris Duvall
OKC Energy FC midfielder Ian McGrath
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 21, 2019
- Nashville SC Earns Result in Defensive Struggle against PIttsburgh Riverhounds - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: #TBRvBST - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- LouCity Beats NY Red Bulls II 5-3 at Slugger - Louisville City FC
- STLFC Falls 1-0 Away to Memphis 901 FC to Break Win Streak - Saint Louis FC
- Independence Shut Down by Swope Park - Charlotte Independence
- No. 2 Fresno FC vs. No. 1 Phoenix Rising FC Preview - Fresno FC
- Nashville SC Prepared for Gritty Battle against Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC - Nashville SC
- It's Match Day in Tulsa - Tulsa Roughnecks FC vs Orange County SC - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Energy FC Host Penultimate Home Match Tomorrow Night - OKC Energy FC
- Match Preview: Bethlehem Steel FC Travels to Take on Tampa Bay Rowdies - Bethlehem Steel FC
- Energy FC Bolsters Squad with Two New Signings - OKC Energy FC
- Match Preview: Ottawa Fury FC vs Hartford Athletic - Ottawa Fury FC
- Although a Hard-Fought Effort, Indy Eleven Falls 1-0 at Birmingham Legion FC - Indy Eleven
- Early Goal Not Enough against Reno 1868 FC - New Mexico United
- T2 Earn 6-3 Victory over Tacoma Defiance - Portland Timbers 2
- San Antonio FC Plays to 1-1 Draw Away at LA Galaxy II - San Antonio FC
- Tacoma Defiance Drops Decision at Portland Timbers 2 - Tacoma Defiance
- Reno Wins Second Straight on Road - Reno 1868 FC
- Legion FC Shuts Down Indy for Huge Win - Birmingham Legion FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent OKC Energy FC Stories
- Energy FC Play Final Match of 2019 Tomorrow Night
- Energy FC Play Final Home Match Tomorrow Night
- Energy FC to Host Parks and Rec Night with Special Guest Perd Hapley
- Energy FC in Orange County for Must-Win Match Saturday Night
- Energy FC Take on LA Galaxy II Tomorrow Night