Elson Assigned to Alaska, Trupp Released
Abbotsford, BC - The Abbotsford Heat announced today that they have assigned forward Turner Elson to the Alaska Aces, the Heat's developmental affiliate in the ECHL. In a related move, the Heat released forward Evan Trupp from his Professional Try-Out (PTO) and will join the Alaska Aces.
Elson, a native of New Westminster, BC has played in 30 games with the Heat this season and has recorded two points (2-0-2) and 17 penalty minutes.
On Tuesday, February 4th and Wednesday February 5th, the Heat will play host to the Charlotte Checkers (AHL affiliate of the Carolina Hurricanes). On Saturday, February 8th and Sunday, February 9th the Heat will face-off against the Texas Stars (AHL affiliate of the Dallas Stars). Saturday, February 8th will be Country Night, so come in your best country get-up and have the chance to win tickets to Florida Georgia Line, Dean Brody, or $15,000 dollars in The Honda Way Shoot Out. Saturday will also feature the third $3 $2 $1 Brew Dog 'N Pop night. February 9th will be the Pink in the Rink night supporting the BC Cancer research Foundation. For tickets please call 1-877-452-HEAT (4328) or visit us online at www.abbotsfordheat.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2014
- Morin Ties Stars' Single-Season Point Record in Loss - Texas Stars
- IceHogs Edge Bulldogs 6-4 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Bob Adirondack 4-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Akeson Tallies 100th Assist in Setback at Hartford - Adirondack Phantoms
- Falcons Blank Devils, Snap Winless Skid - Springfield Falcons
- Devils Downed By Falcons - Albany Devils
- Bruins Edge IceCaps 3-2 - St. John's IceCaps
- P-Bruins Melt IceCaps 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Sharks Continue to Pile up Points Before All-Star Break - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Start Big Promotional Week on Wednesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Griffins Host Monsters Before Wrapping up Season Series with Marlies and Americans - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Elson Assigned to Alaska, Trupp Released - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Recall F Anthony Luciani - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Forward Dominic Maltais & Defenseman Chad Ackerman to be Inducted into Admirals Hall of Fame - Norfolk Admirals
- Wolves Upend Comets, 4-2 - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Luke Adam Added to American Hockey League All-Star Roster - Rochester Americans
- Luke Adam, Spencer Abbott Added to AHL All-Star Roster - AHL
- Amerks Game vs. Hershey Bears on Friday, February 7 to be Presented by UR Medicine - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Weekly - Hitting the Road - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.