Ellis, Smith Guide Admirals Past Rivermen 2-1
Milwaukee, WI--Admirals defenseman Ryan Ellis broke a 1-1 tie on his first goal of the season with less than four minutes to play to lead the Ads to a 2-1 win over Peoria Friday night at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Jeremy Smith made 32 saves in net for Milwaukee to earn his fourth consecutive victory and it was his third straight appearance allowing one or fewer goal.
Peoria carried the play during the first period, outshooting the Ads 17-6 and getting the only goal of the frame. That came when Adam Cracknell was able to push a barely loose puck past Smith with 5:31 remaining in the frame.
The Ads tied the score at one 6:50 into the second on Chris Mueller's team-leading 11th goal of the season. Admirals forward Taylor Beck carried the puck around the Peoria net and tried to jam it in on the left post. His shot was deflected into the air where Mueller swatted it in from just in front of the crease.
Milwaukee grabbed the lead on when Ellis ripped a slapper from the top of the left circle that beat Peoria goalie Jake Allen high over his left shoulder with just 3:38 to play in the game. Michael Latta and Kevin Henderson earned the assists on the goal.
The same two teams are back at it on Friday night at 7 pm at the BMOBC.
For tickets fans should call Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000 or by logging onto www.ticketmaster.com. Groups of 10 or more receive significant discounts off the original ticket price. For more information, or to purchase group tickets, fans can call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 27, 2012
- Ellis, Smith Guide Admirals Past Rivermen 2-1 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Hogs Hold on to Win 3-2 - Rockford IceHogs
- Oklahoma City Stymies Texas 5-4 - Texas Stars
- Falcons' Late Surge Comes Up A Post Short - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Score Late; Beat Rivermen 2-1 - Peoria Rivermen
- Wolves Edged in Rockford - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers Shut out Whale 3-0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Whale Blanked by Bridgeport - Connecticut Whale
- Penguins Toppled by Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Dispatch Penguins to Sweep Home-And-Home Set - Hershey Bears
- Devils Earn Divisional Win at Springfield - Albany Devils
- Only Single Seats Remain for Friday's Amerks-Monsters Game - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Face Marlies and IceHogs to Continue Seven-Game Homestand - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Three Reassigned to Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Reassigns Austin Smith to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Illinois Lottery Cup Showdown Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Recall David Eddy - Abbotsford Heat
- Barons Sign Forward Erick Lizon to PTO - Oklahoma City Barons
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Houston Aeros Assign Caron and Petersen to Orlando - Houston Aeros
- P-Bruins Game in Portland Postponed - Providence Bruins
- Portland Pirates Game Tonight Postponed - Portland Pirates
- AHL Game Postponed, Rescheduled - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield Vs. Albany, Game #28 - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - Happy New Year - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.