Barons Sign Forward Erick Lizon to PTO
Oklahoma City - The Oklahoma City Barons signed forward Erick Lizon to a Professional Tryout, General Manager Bill Scott announced today.
Lizon, a 6-4, 234-pounder from Kitchner, Ontario has played the majority of his seven seasons as a pro in the ECHL and Central Hockey League. In 339 games over those seven seasons, he has scored 50 points (19-31-50) and served 985 minutes in penalties.
He has played the last two seasons with the Wichita Thunder of the CHL. In 89 games with the Thunder, he has scored nine points while serving 230 penalty minutes. The 27-year old has played previously in the American Hockey League during the 2010-11 season with the Worcester Sharks. He appeared in eight games and served 24 penalty minutes.
Prior to turning pro, Lizon played parts of two seasons with the Victoriaville Tigres of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). He played in 103 games, scoring 34 points (14-20-34) and served 230 penalty minutes.
Lizon joins the Barons tonight in Cedar Park, Texas in advance of their game against the Texas Stars at 7:30 p.m.
The Barons close out 2012 with two home games. Friday, December 28, they take on the San Antonio Rampage at 7 p.m. New Year's Eve is Barons practice jersey night. The first 2,000 adults and 1,000 kids 12-and-under receive a free Barons practice jersey. Faceoff is at 6 p.m., doors open at 5 p.m. Doors for Season Seat Holders open at 4:45 p.m.
A variety of ticket packages are available to meet every individual or group need. Packages ranging from 7-game and 11-game packs to Full Season Seats are available. Call the Barons' front office at 405-232-4625 for information on group outings, Season Seats and other ticket packages.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 27, 2012
- Ellis, Smith Guide Admirals Past Rivermen 2-1 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Hogs Hold on to Win 3-2 - Rockford IceHogs
- Oklahoma City Stymies Texas 5-4 - Texas Stars
- Falcons' Late Surge Comes Up A Post Short - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Score Late; Beat Rivermen 2-1 - Peoria Rivermen
- Wolves Edged in Rockford - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers Shut out Whale 3-0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Whale Blanked by Bridgeport - Connecticut Whale
- Penguins Toppled by Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Dispatch Penguins to Sweep Home-And-Home Set - Hershey Bears
- Devils Earn Divisional Win at Springfield - Albany Devils
- Only Single Seats Remain for Friday's Amerks-Monsters Game - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Face Marlies and IceHogs to Continue Seven-Game Homestand - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Three Reassigned to Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Reassigns Austin Smith to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Illinois Lottery Cup Showdown Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Recall David Eddy - Abbotsford Heat
- Barons Sign Forward Erick Lizon to PTO - Oklahoma City Barons
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Houston Aeros Assign Caron and Petersen to Orlando - Houston Aeros
- P-Bruins Game in Portland Postponed - Providence Bruins
- Portland Pirates Game Tonight Postponed - Portland Pirates
- AHL Game Postponed, Rescheduled - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield Vs. Albany, Game #28 - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - Happy New Year - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Barons Stories
- Energy FC Hosts Second Sidekicks Event on Wednesday Evening
- Chris Spendlove Cleared
- Energy FC and The Grid Meet to Discuss Continued Growth of Soccer in OKC
- Energy FC Sidekicks Program with Special Olympics and TOPSoccer Kicks off July 15
- Barons Season Ends with 1-0 Loss