Houston Aeros Assign Caron and Petersen to Orlando
Houston, TX - Houston Aeros General Manager Jim Mill announced on Thursday the team has assigned forwards Josh Caron and Nick Petersen to the Orlando Solar Bears, the Aeros ECHL affiliate.
The 21-year old Caron has skated in ten games for the Aeros without picking up a point. He's also played in 16 games for Orlando this season. Caron scored his first pro goal and added his first pro assist for two points with the Solar Bears. The 6-foot-4, 215-pounder also racked up 32 penalty minutes with Orlando. He spent the last five years playing in the WHL with Kamloops and Everett. In all, the Campbell River, BC native scored three goals and added 19 assists for 22 points. He also amassed 446 penalty minutes.
Petersen is scoreless in three games for the Aeros this season. Petersen leads the Solar Bears in scoring with 26 points, off 12 goals and 14 assists in 22 games. The 23-year old is in his third full season of pro hockey after splitting the last two seasons between Wilkes-Barre Scranton (AHL) and Wheeling (ECHL). In 77 AHL games, the right wing has 16 goals and 25 assists for 41 points. He was drafted by Pittsburgh in the fourth round (#121 overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
The Aeros remain at home on Friday, Dec. 28 to host the Charlotte Checkers at 7:05 p.m. at Toyota Center. Fans are encouraged to wear Ugly Holiday sweaters. Houston will play in San Antonio on Saturday, Dec. 29 at 7:00 p.m., prior to returning home on New Year's Day. The Aeros will host the Oklahoma City Barons at 5:05 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 1. The game marks the beginning of a three-game home stand to ring in the New Year. The Aeros will host Texas at 7:05 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 4 and San Antonio at 7:05 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 5.
Aeros season tickets start as low as $9 per seat and may be purchased online at Aeros.com by placing a $100 deposit. Once your order is processed, an Aeros ticket representative will contact you to choose your exact seat location, as well as discuss the payment options. Information on season tickets and mini-plans is also available on the team website at www.aeros.com. Groups of 15 or more receive a discount on all tickets, to book your group outing to an Aeros game please call 713-974-PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 27, 2012
- Ellis, Smith Guide Admirals Past Rivermen 2-1 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Hogs Hold on to Win 3-2 - Rockford IceHogs
- Oklahoma City Stymies Texas 5-4 - Texas Stars
- Falcons' Late Surge Comes Up A Post Short - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Score Late; Beat Rivermen 2-1 - Peoria Rivermen
- Wolves Edged in Rockford - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers Shut out Whale 3-0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Whale Blanked by Bridgeport - Connecticut Whale
- Penguins Toppled by Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Dispatch Penguins to Sweep Home-And-Home Set - Hershey Bears
- Devils Earn Divisional Win at Springfield - Albany Devils
- Only Single Seats Remain for Friday's Amerks-Monsters Game - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Face Marlies and IceHogs to Continue Seven-Game Homestand - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Three Reassigned to Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Reassigns Austin Smith to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Illinois Lottery Cup Showdown Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Recall David Eddy - Abbotsford Heat
- Barons Sign Forward Erick Lizon to PTO - Oklahoma City Barons
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Houston Aeros Assign Caron and Petersen to Orlando - Houston Aeros
- P-Bruins Game in Portland Postponed - Providence Bruins
- Portland Pirates Game Tonight Postponed - Portland Pirates
- AHL Game Postponed, Rescheduled - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield Vs. Albany, Game #28 - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Weekly - Happy New Year - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.