Eleven Osprey Hits Not Enough, O's Fall, 6-3
IDAHO FALLS, ID - The Missoula Osprey (31-27, 11-9) totaled eleven hits Tuesday night, falling to Idaho Falls (28-31, 7-15), 6-3, at Melaleuca Field. With Billings also defeating Great Falls Tuesday night, the Osprey loss moves them four games out of first in the North.
Missoula's right-handed starter, Alex Valdez (L, 1-2) gave up five runs on six hits, walking none and striking out two.
Missoula scored first Tuesday night, thanks to a two-out, RBI single from Osprey catcher Luvin Valbuena. However, the Chukars quickly answered with two runs in the 3rd.
The O's, playing as the home team in Idaho Falls Tuesday night, tallied another run in the bottom of the 3rd, tying the game, 2-2. Tristen Carranza knocked his 11th double of the season to score Osprey second-baseman Cam Coursey from 1st.
Despite having the bases loaded and nobody out, the RBI double from Carranza was the only run scored in the 3rd for Missoula. In the decisive 5 th inning, Valdez allowed three runs to score on five Idaho Falls hits, ending the Osprey starter's night.
Missoula's third-baseman Jose Reyes singled with one out in the 6th to draw the deficit to three runs, but despite having the tying run to the plate in the 9th, Missoula was unable to gain any more runs, ending their three-game win streak.
A two-game series concludes Wednesday night in Idaho Falls, with a pending four-game road series in Great Falls. The Osprey and Chukars are set for a 7:15 first pitch at Melaleuca Field.
The Osprey return to Ogren Park at Allegiance Field for the final time of the 2019 regular season on Tuesday, August 27th, to begin a pivotal, three-game series vs Billings.
All Osprey game tickets can be purchased at the MSO Hub Box Office, located at 140 North Higgins in Downtown Missoula, online at MissoulaOsprey.com and by phone (406) 543-3300.
• Discuss this story on the Pioneer League message board...
Pioneer League Stories from August 21, 2019
- Voyagers Shut out Mustangs, 11-0 - Billings Mustangs
- Complete Performance Lifts Voyagers to Road Win - Great Falls Voyagers
- Vibes Trounce Owlz to Start Series - Rocky Mountain Vibes
- Osprey Announce a One Time Ticket Policy for Cancelled Games - Missoula PaddleHeads
- Owlz Use Big Inning to Beat Rockies - Orem Owlz
- Rox Lose Series in Slugfest - Grand Junction Rockies
- Eleven Osprey Hits Not Enough, O's Fall, 6-3 - Missoula PaddleHeads
- Chukars Open Modified Road Trip with Win - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Billings Surges Late to Defeat Voyagers - Great Falls Voyagers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Missoula PaddleHeads Stories
- PaddleHeads to Host Matchstick Productions: HUCK YEAH Premiere
- Centerfield Cinema Plays on through October, New Titles Announced
- PaddleHeads, Missoula Freestyle Team Announce TGR: Make Believe Premiere
- PaddleHeads, Roxy Theater Announce Centerfield Cinema: Concert Series
- Now Teeing Off: Paddle Beach Golf Club