East Division Champions Set to Host FLDS Games September 7-9
WASHINGTON, Pa. - The Wild Things have captured a playoff berth and their first East Division Championship since 2007, which locks the dates of playoff games at Wild Things Park. Washington will host Frontier League Division Series games Friday to Sunday, September 7-9, with game three Friday and games four and five, if necessary, Saturday and Sunday.
The first pitch times are as normal, as they were in the regular season this year at Wild Things Park. Games three and four are scheduled for 7:05 p.m. first pitches, Friday, September 7 and Saturday, September 8, respectively. Game five will get underway at 5:35 p.m. Sunday, September 9, if necessary.
Tickets for all playoff home games are $5 to sit anywhere in the park. Kids 12 and under receive free admission. Fans can enjoy a postgame fireworks display following Friday's game, while the team has plans for an East Division title t-shirt giveaway as well as a thunder stick giveaway.
If the Wild Things advance past the Division Series, the one seed they've clinched will allow them to host Championship series games Friday through Sunday, September 14-16. The Saturday and Sunday games for that series would be if necessary games as well.
Washington will play either Evansville or River City. Both of those teams have a shot to win the West Division, with both playing at 7:05 p.m. EDT. If both win or both lose, Washington will play Evansville. The only way the Wild Things will play River City is with a win by Evansville and a loss by River City.
Fans can secure their playoff tickets on the team's website, washingtonwildthings.com, or by calling the box office at 724-250-9555. The box office will re-open Tuesday at 9 a.m., so all ticket purchases can be made on the website until then, at which point both options will be available.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from September 2, 2018
- Encina Pitches Complete Game, Miners Fall in Finale - Southern Illinois Miners
- Rascals Clinch West with Freedom Sweep - Florence Y'alls
- Rascals Win West Division on Finale - River City Rascals
- Crushers Close Season on High Note - Lake Erie Crushers
- Towns Plays All Nine in 2018 Finale - Schaumburg Boomers
- Beach Bums End Season with Win over Windy City - Traverse City Beach Bums
- ThunderBolts Fall to Traverse City in Season Finale - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Wild Things Turn Attention to Playoffs - Washington Wild Things
- East Division Champions Set to Host FLDS Games September 7-9 - Washington Wild Things
- Grizzlies Win Dramatic Marathon - Gateway Grizzlies
- Miners Drop Absolute Heartbreaker to Grizzlies - Southern Illinois Miners
- Rascals Clinch Playoff Berth with Win over Freedom - River City Rascals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Washington Wild Things Stories
- James Meeker Re-Signs for 2021 with Wild Things
- Derek Reddy, Black Sox Speedy Outfielder from Pod, Signs for 2021
- Trevor Casanova Set to Bolster 2021 Wild Things' Roster
- State College Native Spencer Bivens Inks Deal for 2021
- Nate Thompson Is First Outfielder Announced for 2021 Roster