Earthquakes Weekly Update: January 11, 2021
Three San Jose Earthquakes players - forward Cade Cowell, goalkeeper JT Marcinkowski, and midfielder Jackson Yueill - were among 26 players called to participate in the U.S. U-23 Men's National Team camp in Florida from January 9-24. The camp represents the final training opportunity for the U-23s before the Concacaf Olympic Qualifying Championship in March that will see two nations from North America, Central America and the Caribbean qualify for this summer's Olympics. Select U-23 players will be asked to join the senior national team camp ahead of a match at the end of the month.
Marcinkowski and Yueill both carry previous U-23 and senior USMNT experience, while 17-year-old Cowell, the youngest player called to the camp, will participate above the U-17 level for the first time in his international career.
Additionally, American-born Quakes midfielder Eric Calvillo has committed to join the El Salvador U-23 National Team ahead of Olympic qualifying in March. Calvillo is eligible to play for El Salvador due to Salvadorian descent on his mother's side.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 11, 2021
- LAFC Signs Korean International Kim Moon-Hwan - Los Angeles FC
- New York Red Bulls Defender Kyle Duncan Named to U-23 USMNT January Camp - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: January 11, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Academy Product and Midfielder Isaiah Parente - Columbus Crew SC
- LAFC Acquires U.S. International Forward Corey Baird from Real Salt Lake - Los Angeles FC
- Real Salt Lake Trades Corey Baird to LAFC - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Accepting Applications for Homegrown Partner Program - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires 17-Year-Old Colombian Forward Jhon Jader Duran - Chicago Fire
- Atlanta United announces Gabriel Heinze's technical staff - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Sign Goalkeeper Matt Bersano to New Contract
- Earthquakes Sign Argentine Defender Luciano Abecasis
- Earthquakes Sign 21-Year-Old Forward Benji Kikanovic
- Earthquakes Acquire Argentine Midfielder Eric Remedi in Trade with Atlanta United FC
- Chivas vs. Club Leon Match Rescheduled for October 9