LAFC Signs Korean International Kim Moon-Hwan
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today the acquisition of South Korean international Kim Moon-Hwan from K League side Busan IPark. Moon, who will occupy an international spot, was acquired using Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) and will be added to LAFC's roster pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC) and P1 Visa.
"Moon is a dynamic, exciting player who also brings top international experience to our team," said LAFC Co-President & General Manager John Thorrington. "He is an intelligent and versatile defender in the prime of his career, and our Club and our supporters are incredibly excited he chose LAFC for the next phase of his career."
Moon, 25, spent the past four years with Busan IPark, tallying nine goals and seven assists in 120 games across all competitions in Korea. In 2020, Moon played in 19 top-flight matches, scoring his only league goal during the 1-0 victory over Incheon United on June 21.
Internationally, Moon made his senior team debut for South Korea during a 2-0 friendly win over Costa Rica on September 7, 2018. He has represented his national team 11 times, including a pair of 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers and one appearance at the AFC Asian Cup in 2019. At the youth level, Moon helped South Korea's U-23 side to the title at the 2018 Asian Games, appearing in six of the team's seven tournament games.
In 2019, Moon helped Busan win promotion to K League 1 after playing in 26 league contests and all three of the team's playoff matches. During his first season as a professional in 2017, Moon registered career-highs in league games (29), cup games (7), goals (4), and minutes (3,014).
TRANSACTION: Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) signs South Korea international Kim Moon-Hwan using Targeted Allocation Money (TAM). Moon will occupy an international spot and will be added to the Club's roster pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC) and P1 Visa.
Full Name: Kim Moon-Hwan
Weight: 140 lbs.
Birthplace: Hwaseong, South Korea
Last Club: Busan IPark
Citizenship: South Korea
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 11, 2021
- LAFC Signs Korean International Kim Moon-Hwan - Los Angeles FC
- New York Red Bulls Defender Kyle Duncan Named to U-23 USMNT January Camp - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: January 11, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Academy Product and Midfielder Isaiah Parente - Columbus Crew SC
- LAFC Acquires U.S. International Forward Corey Baird from Real Salt Lake - Los Angeles FC
- Real Salt Lake Trades Corey Baird to LAFC - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Accepting Applications for Homegrown Partner Program - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires 17-Year-Old Colombian Forward Jhon Jader Duran - Chicago Fire
- Atlanta United announces Gabriel Heinze's technical staff - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Announces 2021 Preseason Training Camp Ahead of Club's Fourth MLS Campaign
- LAFC and Real So Cal Soccer Club to Form LAFC So Cal Youth
- LAFC Gaming Announces Partnership with McDonald's of SoCal
- LAFC Loans Forward Brian Rodriguez to UD Almeria
- LAFC Signs Goalkeeper Tomas Romero