Dunedin Clinches First Half Title with a Win
KISSIMMEE, FL. - The race is over and the Blue Jays come out on top with a first half division title in the North with a 2-0 victory in game one of a doubleheader over the Fire Frogs. Dunedin struck first with a run in the top of the first. Logan Warmoth extended his hitting streak to nine games with a frozen rope double to left-center to score Stevenson to make in 1-0 Dunedin. Cal Stevenson added a run to the Blue Jays total with an RBI single in the seventh.
That was all the pitching staff for Dunedin needed. RHP T.J. Zeuch made the rehab start for the D-Jays and tossed four innings, striking out seven. Righty Graham Spraker picked up the victory and worked out of a two jams by inducing double plays in the fifth and sixth innings. RHP Brad Wilson recorded the final out to secure the win and pick up his fifth save of the year.
In game two, the Blue Jays offense came to life and scored three runs out of the gate. The Blue Jays would then go on to score four in the third and fifth innings; both times sending seven men to the plate. Bo Bichette and Chris Bec combined to go 7-10 with four RBIs, two doubles and three runs scored. Logan Warmoth extended his hitting streak to a career high 10 games with a 1-3 performance.
RHP Joey Murray was the big story in the game as he notched his third win of the year in a five inning, scoreless performance. Murray retired the first 12 hitters he faced. After he issued two walks to Drew Lugbauer and Kevin Josephina, Joey lost hitter no-hitter when Shean Michel Shean Michel singled to right. Murray induced a line out off the bat of Izzy Wilson to end the threat.
With the two victories, the Blue Jays now lead the season series 5-1 over the Fire Frogs. Game three of the series is set for tomorrow evening at 6:00 PM. at Osceola County Stadium. The game broadcast can be heard across the Dunedin Blue Jays Baseball Network powered by TuneIn beginning at 5:45.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from June 12, 2019
- RECAP: Blue Jays Blank Fire Frogs, 4-0 - Florida Fire Frogs
- Stanton, Gilliam Homer Twice Apiece in 6-2 Victory - Tampa Tarpons
- Mount Helps Daytona Climb Past Lakeland, 4-3 - Daytona Tortugas
- Miracle Fall To Tampa, 6-2 - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Hernandez' Big Day Leads Crabs to Split - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Threshers Take Down Mets in Rain-Shortened Win - Clearwater Threshers
- Threshers Down Mets 7-2 in Rain-Shortened Game - St. Lucie Mets
- Nautical Night, Alzheimer's Awareness Night & Fireworks Coming Soon - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Dunedin Clinches First Half Title with a Win - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Clearwater Stifled by St. Lucie's Pitching in Shutout Loss - Clearwater Threshers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dunedin Blue Jays Stories
- Dunedin Blue Jays Announce 2020 On-Field Staff
- Dunedin Blue Jays Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule
- Samad Taylor Recipient of Team Community Service Award
- Dunedin Finishes 2019 with a Victory
- Florida State League Season Finale Series, Playoffs Cancelled Due to Impending Weather