Drillers Drop Riders Wednesday
FRISCO, Texas - The Riders were quieted by Tulsa in a 6-1 loss Wednesday afternoon.
* Starter Jonathan Hernandez allowed just one run in his first four innings but gave up a pair in both the fifth and sixth frames, breaking a 1-1 tie and opening up a lead for the Drillers.
* Josh Altmann reached twice and drove in the lone Riders run with a sacrifice fly in the second.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Jonathan Hernandez: 5 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
* Eliezer Alvarez: 1-for-3, 2B, BB, R
* Josh Altmann: 0-for-1, 2 HBP, RBI
NEWS AND NOTES
* Reliever James Jones had his streak of 12 innings without an earned run end in the ninth inning.
Riders vs. Tulsa, Thursday, 7:05 p.m.
RHP Ronald Herrera (0-0, 3.60) vs. LHP Ben Holmes (0-0, 4.50)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Amarillo Evens Series with 4-1 Win over Naturals - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- RockHounds Score 7 After Rain Delay, Cardinals Lose 9-5 - Springfield Cardinals
- Six Run Sixth Leads RockHounds to Win - Midland RockHounds
- LaRue Shines Despite Loss to Arkansas - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Lux and May Lead Tulsa Past Frisco - Tulsa Drillers
- Drillers Drop Riders Wednesday - Frisco RoughRiders
- Q&A with Hooks First Baseman Seth Beer - Corpus Christi Hooks
- RockHounds Drop Opener to Cardinals - Midland RockHounds
- Sod Poodles Drop Series Opener to Naturals 9-3, Remain One Game Back in Playoff Race - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Warner Ks 10 in 4-1 Cardinals Win over RockHounds - Springfield Cardinals
- Riders Drop Series Opener against Tulsa - Frisco RoughRiders
- Naturals Pound Poodles, 9-3 in Hodgetown Debut - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- McCaughan Brilliant in Win over Hooks - Arkansas Travelers
- Tulsa Blanks Frisco to Begin Road Trip - Tulsa Drillers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.