'Dogs Routed by X's on Wednesday Night
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Cody Regis walked twice and reached three total times, but the 'Dogs gave up eight runs over the first two innings in a 9-1 loss to the Sioux City Explorers at MercyOne Field on Wednesday night.
Regis, whose 24-game on-base streak was snapped last night, scored the 'Dogs only run on Tyler Moore's sacrifice fly in the 6th inning.
John Brownell gave up eight runs on 12 hits over four innings in his fifth start of the year. The X's struck for three runs in the first - a two-run single from Dexture McCall and RBI single from Drew Stankiewicz - before adding five more runs in the second inning.
Nate Samson had three hits with a pair of runs scored and an RBI, Jose Sermo drove in a pair and scored twice, and Dylan Kelly had three hits with two doubles out of the No. 8 spot.
Lincoln reliever Tyler Anderson gave up one run over three relief innings, and Jose Ortega worked a scoreless 8th inning with three strikeouts.
Ivan Marin went 2-for-3 with a double - his first extra-base hit of 2019 - and John Sansone added his 10th double of the season. Randolph Oduber also had two hits, including a double.
The 'Dogs are back down to two games over .500 with the series finale and final game in Sioux City coming up Thursday night. First pitch time is set for 7:12 p.m. and pregame coverage will begin at 6:40 p.m on ESPN Lincoln 101.5 FM/1480 AM.
The Saltdogs are playing their 19th season in Lincoln. All ticket and promo information can be found at saltdogs.com, and follow the 'Dogs on Twitter/Instagram @saltdogsball.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 13, 2019
- Buck's Big Hit Lifts Cleburne - Cleburne Railroaders
- Lambson, Goldeyes blank RailCats, 5-0, in rubber game - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Canaries Hit Three Homers to Clinch Series Win - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Sign Former Dodger Farmhand, Reliever Karch Kowalczyk - St. Paul Saints
- Perrin and Bats Conduct Win over Railroaders - Kansas City T-Bones
- X's Bats Beat up Saltdogs - Sioux City Explorers
- 'Dogs Routed by X's on Wednesday Night - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.