Devils Sign Nikita Popugaev to AHL Contract
BINGHAMTON - The Binghamton Devils announced today that the club has signed forward Nikita Popugaev to an American Hockey League contract for the 2019-2020 season. The announcement was made by Binghamton's general manager, Tom Fitzgerald.
Popugaev, 20, is a 2017 fourth-round pick (98th overall) of the New Jersey Devils. The Moscow, Russia native played in 17 games for Binghamton and recorded five points (three goals, two assists). Prior to joining the Devils, Popugaev spent the 2018-2019 season and parts of the 2017-2018 season in the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) with both CSKA Moscow and Khabarovsk Amur.
The 6-foot-6, 217-pound forward played three seasons of junior hockey (2015-2018) in the Western Hockey League with Moose Jaw and Prince George. In 154 regular-season games in the WHL, Popugaev recorded 47 goals and 76 assists for 123 points.
Binghamton Devils full season memberships are now available for the 2019-20 season! Get great benefits such as FREE New Jersey Devils NHL tickets, exclusive access to Devils players, a brand new referral program, gift cards, and much more! For information on becoming a member, text "MEMBER" to 607-722-7367.
Images from this story
Binghamton Devils forward Nikita Popugaev
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 29, 2019
- Barracuda Re-Sign Forward Evan Weinger - San Jose Barracuda
- Predators Sign Tinordi to Two-Year Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Oilers Sign Joe Gambardella to a Two-Year Extension - Bakersfield Condors
- Rocket Agrees to Terms with Nikita Jevpalovs - Laval Rocket
- John Madden Will Not Return as Cleveland Monsters Head Coach in 2019-20 - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Sign Nikita Popugaev to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Binghamton Devils Stories
- Devils Sign Forward Chris Conner to AHL Contract
- Devils Re-Sign Baddock, Jacobs to One-Year Deals
- Broome County Announces a Development of Plans for Future Arena Upgrades
- Devils Release 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule
- Devils to Host Utica Comets in 2019-20 Home Opener