Devil Rays Game Postponed
The "Thirsty Thursday" game between the Southwest Michigan Devil Rays and the Kane County Cougars has been postponed due to the excessive amount of rain in the Battle Creek area.
The game will be made up tomorrow as one half of a double-header. The teams will play two seven-inning games on Friday starting at 6:05pm. The gates to C.O. Brown Stadium will open at 5:00pm.
The Devil Rays will be giving away three 3-credit courses to Kellogg Community College to three lucky winners. The promotion is drawing attention from all over the country. It is featured on the official website of Minor League Baseball as one of the "Top Ten Upcoming Promotions". It is also the promotion of the day on minorleaguedugout.com. There will also be fireworks at the conclusion of the double-header.
For ticket information please call the Devil Rays office at (269)660-2287.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 3, 2006
- Cortes fans nine in win over Clinton - Burlington Bees
- Lugnuts turn tables on Swing - Lansing Lugnuts
- No Moore losing streak for the Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Beloit snaps two game skid - Beloit Snappers
- Hawks drowned by Whitecaps - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Turnabout fair play as Lansing rallies late for win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Former Dragon shuts down Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs make it three straight with 7-3 win - Peoria Chiefs
- Hot hitting returns in blowout of South Bend - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cougars and Devil Rays Rained Out - Kane County Cougars
- Devil Rays Game Postponed - Southwest Michigan Devil Rays
- Swing add two new promotions to lineup - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Kernels fall to Chiefs, 6-2, as Taylor spins complete game - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.