Defenseman Thibault Re-Signs with Indy
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and the AHL's Rockford IceHogs announced Tuesday that they have re-signed defenseman Sam Thibault for the 2019-20 season.
Thibault, 23, made his Indianapolis debut on February 1st after being acquired from the Toledo Walleye via a three-team trade with the Atlanta Gladiators. The 6'1", 187-pound defenseman has 106 ECHL games under his belt, earning 25 points (2g, 23a), 85 penalty minutes and a +5 rating. Splitting the 2018-19 season between Toledo and Indy, Thibault tallied two goals and 14 assists, as well as earning 56 penalty minutes in 63 ECHL contests.
A native of Sainte-Martine, Quebec, Thibault made his professional debut in 2017-18 with the Wichita Thunder, earning nine assists and a +10 rating in 43 games, in addition to appearing in a pair of AHL games with the Bakersfield Condors. Prior to turning pro, Thibault played his junior hockey for Baie-Comeau Drakkar in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). In three seasons with Drakkar, Thibault earned 40 assists, 281 penalty minutes and a +3 rating as well as serving as an assistant captain in 2015-16 and captain in 2016-17.
With the Thibault signing, the Fuel have two defenseman and one forward signed for the 2019-20 season. Stay tuned to Indy Fuel social media pages for more player signings throughout the offseason.
Ticket Plans for the Fuel's sixth season are now on sale! Lock up your seat for every second of the action in 2019-20 at Indiana Farmers Coliseum by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the offseason.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 9, 2019
- Brennan Saulnier Signs with Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Luke Ripley Agrees to Terms with Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Americans Sign Top-Six Forward from Europe - Allen Americans
- Philly Native F Mackin Re-Signs with Reading - Reading Royals
- Mavericks Re-Sign Rocco Carzo for 2019-20 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Defenseman Keegan Kanzig Returns to Steelheads for 2019-20 Season - Idaho Steelheads
- Jake Rogers Named Head Equipment Manager - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Sign Quinnipiac's Craig Martin - Adirondack Thunder
- Milwaukee Admirals Ink Trio to AHL Contracts - Florida Everblades
- Defenseman Thibault Re-Signs with Indy - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.