Luke Ripley Agrees to Terms with Greenville
GREENVILLE, S.C. - The Greenville Swamp Rabbits have agreed to terms with defenseman Luke Ripley on a Standard Player Contract for the 2019-20 season.
Ripley, 25, took part in his first professional season in Greenville last year, and proved to be a stalwart defensive defenseman. He posted just three points in 35 games last year, but was even or a plus player in 22 of those games.
He spent his collegiate career with the University of Notre Dame, and helped in the transformation of the Fighting Irish into an NCAA powerhouse. Ripley was named alternate captain in both his junior and senior seasons.
The following players are now under contract for the 2019-20 season:
F - Michael Pelech (29)
F - Johno May (25)
F - Travis Howe (25)
D - J.C. Brassard (23)
D - Luke Ripley (25)
More signings will take place throughout the offseason, so stay tuned to the Swamp Rabbits on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 9, 2019
- Brennan Saulnier Signs with Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Luke Ripley Agrees to Terms with Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Americans Sign Top-Six Forward from Europe - Allen Americans
- Philly Native F Mackin Re-Signs with Reading - Reading Royals
- Mavericks Re-Sign Rocco Carzo for 2019-20 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Defenseman Keegan Kanzig Returns to Steelheads for 2019-20 Season - Idaho Steelheads
- Jake Rogers Named Head Equipment Manager - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Sign Quinnipiac's Craig Martin - Adirondack Thunder
- Milwaukee Admirals Ink Trio to AHL Contracts - Florida Everblades
- Defenseman Thibault Re-Signs with Indy - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.