Defenseman Brandon Crawley Loaned to Monsters by New York Rangers
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters, top affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Tuesday that the NHL's New York Rangers loaned defenseman Brandon Crawley to Cleveland. In seven appearances for the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack this season, Crawley tallied six penalty minutes and a -1 rating.
A 6'1", 205 lb. left-shooting native of Glen Rock, NY, Crawley, 24, posted 5-15-20 with 222 penalty minutes and a -25 rating in 130 career AHL appearances, all for Hartford, spanning parts of four seasons from 2017-21. During the 2019-20 season, Crawley additionally appeared in 38 games for the ECHL's Maine Mariners and supplied 2-10-12 with 36 penalty minutes and a -3 rating. Prior to his professional career, Crawley contributed 16-45-61 with 299 penalty minutes and a +75 rating in 187 OHL appearances for the London Knights spanning three seasons from 2014-17, and helped the Knights claim the 2016 OHL and Memorial Cup Championships.
The Monsters also announced Tuesday that defenseman Brandon Fortunato was recalled by the NHL's Nashville Predators and subsequently traded to the NHL's Ottawa Senators.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 13, 2021
- Bakersfield Scores Four Unanswered to Beat Eagles, 6-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Wild Cruise Past IceHogs 4-1 for Sixth Win in Eight Games - Iowa Wild
- Comets Down Crunch In Hofer's First Career Win - Utica Comets
- Crunch Downed by Comets, 5-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Forward Cole Koepke to Two-Year Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Condors Welcome Back Fans Starting Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Sound Tigers Edged by Hot Hartord - Bridgeport Islanders
- Bears Weekly: Strong Goaltending Helps Bears Continue Winning Ways - Hershey Bears
- Tucson Roadrunners' Road Ahead: Week of April 12, 2021 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Middleton Returns, Timmins and Renouf Recalled - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Sign Three to Professional Tryouts - Rochester Americans
- Defenseman Brandon Crawley Loaned to Monsters by New York Rangers - Cleveland Monsters
- Syracuse Crunch, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Game on May 12 Canceled - Syracuse Crunch
- Florida Panthers Recall Noah Juulsen from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Sound Tigers Return Home to Face Wolf Pack at 1 p.m. - Bridgeport Islanders
- Bears Recall Goaltender Hunter Shepard from Stingrays - Hershey Bears
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Add Forwards Zach Jordan, Jake Slaker on AHL Contracts
- Blue Jackets Name Mark Letestu as Assistant Coach for AHL's Cleveland Monsters, Promote Derek Dorsett to Development Coach
- Cleveland Monsters Announce Partnership with Positive Coaching Alliance
- Columbus Blue Jackets Announce Coaching Staff Changes
- Monsters Announce Pair of Game Time Changes