Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Forward Cole Koepke to Two-Year Contract
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed forward Cole Koepke to a two-year, entry-level contract, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced today. Koepke will join the Syracuse Crunch for the remainder of the 2020-21 season on a professional tryout agreement.
Koepke, 6-foot-1, 196 pounds, played in 28 games for the University of Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs this season, recording 15 goals and 23 points with a plus-3 rating and three power-play goals. He led the Bulldogs for goals and shots on goal, while also ranking third for points as the team lost in the Frozen Four to the UMass Minutemen.
The Two Harbors, Minnesota native, played in 104 career games in three seasons with UMD, registering 38 goals and 75 points with eight game-winning goals and six power-play goals. Koepke won a National Championship with the Bulldogs in 2019.
Koepke was drafted by Tampa Bay in the sixth round, 183rd overall, of the 2018 NHL Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 13, 2021
- Bakersfield Scores Four Unanswered to Beat Eagles, 6-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Wild Cruise Past IceHogs 4-1 for Sixth Win in Eight Games - Iowa Wild
- Comets Down Crunch In Hofer's First Career Win - Utica Comets
- Crunch Downed by Comets, 5-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Forward Cole Koepke to Two-Year Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Condors Welcome Back Fans Starting Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Sound Tigers Edged by Hot Hartord - Bridgeport Islanders
- Bears Weekly: Strong Goaltending Helps Bears Continue Winning Ways - Hershey Bears
- Tucson Roadrunners' Road Ahead: Week of April 12, 2021 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Middleton Returns, Timmins and Renouf Recalled - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Sign Three to Professional Tryouts - Rochester Americans
- Defenseman Brandon Crawley Loaned to Monsters by New York Rangers - Cleveland Monsters
- Syracuse Crunch, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Game on May 12 Canceled - Syracuse Crunch
- Florida Panthers Recall Noah Juulsen from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Sound Tigers Return Home to Face Wolf Pack at 1 p.m. - Bridgeport Islanders
- Bears Recall Goaltender Hunter Shepard from Stingrays - Hershey Bears
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Syracuse Crunch Single Game Tickets on Sale Now
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Preseason Schedule
- Syracuse Crunch to Require Proof of Full COVID-19 Vaccination at Upstate Medical University Arena
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman Ryan Jones to AHL Contract
- Syracuse Crunch Continue Partnership with CNY Central