Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Sunday
Sunday, Sept. 2, 2018 l Game # 69 (137)
Bowling Green Ballpark l Bowling Green, Ky. l 7:35 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (27-41, 58-78) at Bowling Green Hot Rods (41-27, 88-49)
LH Packy Naughton (5-10, 4.17) vs. LH Resly Linares (7-3, 3.21)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Bowling Green Hot Rods (affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays) in the second game of a three-game series. This is the final series of the regular season for both teams.
Last Game: Saturday: Dayton 7, Bowling Green 6. The Dragons battled back from a 4-1 deficit in the seventh inning and earned the win in the first game of the series. Reshard Munroe's three-run home run with two outs in the seventh tied the game, and Munroe delivered a sacrifice fly in the top of the ninth to break a 6-6 tie and give the Dragons the lead for good. The Dragons worked out of a tough jam in the bottom of the ninth when Bowling Green put runners at first and second with no outs, down by a run. John Ghyzel recorded the first two outs in the inning and Andy Cox came in to get the final out and notch the save. Bowling Green stranded 15 base runners, going 4 for 22 with men in scoring position. The Dragons by contrast had only five at-bats with men in scoring position, going 1 for 5. Andy Sugilio had two hits and an RBI for the Dragons.
2018 Individual Notes
Hendrik Clementina (DH) and John Ghyzel (RH Relief Pitcher) were selected to the Midwest League Full-Season All-Star Team (only 13 players selected among all 16 teams).
Alejo Lopez over his last 42 games since July 15: 55 for 153, .359, to raise his average from .247 to .322. Lopez's .359 average since July 15 ranks first in the Midwest League; third among players on the 30 teams at the Single-A classification (Midwest League and South Atlantic League) and 10th among all full-season Minor League players (120 teams).
Jose Garcia has hit safely in 16 straight games, going 24 for 74, .324, to raise his average from .231 to .245. Garcia was selected as Midwest League Batter of the Week for the week of August 13-19.
Andy Sugilio over his last 24 games: 31 for 92, .337, 2 HR, to raise his average from .255 to .276.
J.D. Williams over his last 19 games: 21 for 64, .328, to raise his average from .203 to .261.
Jeter Downs over his last eight games: 10 for 31, .323.
Reshard Munroe over his last eight games: 8 for 26, .308.
Dauri Moreta over his last five appearances: 12 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 0 R, 0 BB, 13 SO, 0.00 ERA.
Most Recent Transactions: Saturday: Pitcher Ryan Nutof has been promoted to Daytona. Pitcher Rookie Davis was transferred to the Dayton roster from Louisville. Thursday: Outfielders Lorenzo Cedrola and Raul Wallace have been placed on the disabled list. Outfielder Mike Spooner has been promoted to Dayton from Billings. Outfielder Nate Scantlin has been promoted to Dayton from Greeneville.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Monday, Sept. 3 (1:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Austin Orewiler (5-5, 3.72) at Bowling Green RH Alex Valverde (7-7, 4.82)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from September 2, 2018
- That's A Walk Off: Hot Rods Come Back, Down Dragons 8-7 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hot Rods Rally Late, Top Dragons 8-7 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Fall, Winner-Take-All Game Set for Monday - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Whitecaps Win Keeps Playoff Hopes Alive - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Snappers Capitalize on Late Kernels Miscues, Remain in Playoff Hunt - Beloit Snappers
- Beloit Snaps Winning Streak with 9-4 Win over Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Loons Swoop Past Cubs 5-3 in Game One - South Bend Cubs
- Delaplane fans 100th of the year in 4-3 win - Clinton LumberKings
- Gonzalez Collects Two Hits in Return from DL - Peoria Chiefs
- Bandits Earn 80th Win in Walk-Off Fashion - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Eladio Strikes Again as Captains Top Lugs - Lansing Lugnuts
- Vicente, Eladio Push Winning Streak to Four - Lake County Captains
- Unfamiliar Face Is the Hero - Great Lakes Loons
- River Bandits and Astros Extend Player Development Contract - Quad Cities River Bandits
- TinCaps Game Notes: September 2 at West Michigan (September 2) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Sunday - Dayton Dragons
- Eladio's Walk-Off Bomb Caps Ridiculous Comeback - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.