Dave Pszenyczny Suspended 3 Games
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Missouri Mavericks defenseman Dave Pszenyczny has been suspended for three games as a result of a hit to the head on a Wichita Thunder skater Saturday night at the Independence Events Center.
Pszenyczny was given a two-minute minor at the tail end of the first period on Saturday night for elbowing Tomas Klempa. Upon video review it was observed that Pszenyczny made contact to the head area of Klempa, which follows criteria for an illegal check to the head. Klempa was not injured by the hit, and continued to play for the remainder of the game.
This is Pszenyczny's third suspension of the 2013-14 season. The 28 year old Mavericks' veteran was considered a "repeat offender" in the suspension decision made Sunday afternoon just before the Mavs would face the Thunder at 5:05pm on the road.
The Central Hockey League has suspended Pszenyczny for three games beginning with the game today in Wichita. He will return to the Mavericks lineup Wednesday, January 29th on the road in St. Charles.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2014
- Booras Tallies Game Winner as Thunder Clip Mavs - Wichita Thunder
- Penalties Kill Mavericks' Shot in Wichita - Kansas City Mavericks
- CHL Suspends Missouri's Dave Pszenyczny - CHL
- Dave Pszenyczny Suspended 3 Games - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks Sign Defenseman Evan Zych - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cutthroats Shut Down in Shootout - Denver Cutthroats
- Sundogs Fall in Shootout to Americans, 4-3 Loss - Arizona Sundogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award
- Kansas City Mavericks Wrap up 10th Season with Return to the Playoffs
- Mavericks Eliminated in Game Seven Loss at Tulsa
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa