Daniels and Castellanos Added to All-Star Team
Davenport, Iowa - The Midwest League announced that two Quad Cities River Bandits pitchers have been added to the Western Division all-star roster on Tuesday. Right-handed pitchers Brett Daniels and Humberto Castellanos will take the roster spots that opened when the Bandits Austin Hansen and Wisconsin's Aaron Ashby were promoted to the Advanced-A level. The two additions will join Jeremy Pena, Austin Dennis, Cesar Salazar, Trey Dawson, and Matt Ruppenthal at the Midwest League All-Star Game in South Bend on June 18.
Daniels, a 2018 17th round draft pick out of the University of North Carolina, currently owns a 3-3 record and 1.72 earned run average. He has allowed just 7 runs on 31 hits through his first 36.2 innings of the season while striking out 40. The 23-year old has surrendered just one run in his last 13.1 innings and recorded a career-high nine strikeouts in his last appearance.
Castellanos was signed as an international free agent from Mexico in 2015. He has appeared in 13 games out of the River Bandits bullpen this season and is 3-0 with a 3.31 ERA. In 35.1 inning he has fanned 44 opposing hitters while walking just 6. Castellanos has allowed just 2 earned runs over the last 11.2 innings.
The River Bandits can clinch the first half Western Division first half title with a win or a Burlington loss on Tuesday. The Bandits meet the Beloit Snappers at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday night in the first game of a three-game series at Pohlman Field. For ticket information, call (563) 324-3000, visit riverbandits.com or stop by the box office at Modern Woodmen Park.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 11, 2019
- Cantillo Leads 'Caps to Shutout Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Captains Climb Back into Wild Card Lead - Lake County Captains
- Pitching Rules in LumberKings Shutout Loss - Clinton LumberKings
- First Chance Flub - Great Lakes Loons
- Hernandez Slammed, Joey Rose in Cougars Win - Kane County Cougars
- Hogan Posts Strong Start, But Hot Rods Fall 4-0 to Fort Wayne - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Snyder Homers Twice in 4-1 Kernels Victory - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- 'Caps Losing Skid Continues - West Michigan Whitecaps
- 9 in a Row: Dragons Hold on for 1-Run Win in Series Opener with West Michigan - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels Crack Three Homers to Top Timber Rattlers 4-1 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Shutout Clinton 1-0 Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Bandits Install Solar Panels at Modern Woodmen Park - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 11 at Bowling Green (Game 63) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Daniels and Castellanos Added to All-Star Team - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Notes for Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad Cities River Bandits Stories
- Adolph Earns Second Straight Player of Week Honor
- Bandits Postponed by Unplayable Field Conditions in Beloit
- Four Run First Helps Bandits to Victory
- Early Lead Doesn't Hold as Bandits Fall 4-2 in Beloit
- Adolph Narrowly Misses Cycle as Bandits Beat Beloit 7-2