'Dads Rack up 14Ks But Fall 4-2
Hickory, NC - After securing a playoff spot last night, the Crawdads returned home Friday night to kick off the final homestand of the regular season. The 'Dads dropped the series opener 4-2 to the Lexington Legends.
Lexington took a 2-0 lead in the third inning with a pair of runs off 'Dads righty Jesus Linarez.
The Crawdads evened the score in the bottom half of the inning. Jonathan Ornelas drew a walk and came around for the Crawdads' first run on a double by Jax Biggers. Josh Jung roped a double to center that brought in Biggers and tied the game.
Right-handed reliever Daniel Robert took over for Linarez in the fifth inning. Robert tossed three shutout innings, punching out seven Legend hitters.
Lucas Jacobsen pitched a scoreless eighth inning before yielding a pair of runs in the ninth inning to put the Crawdads behind 4-2.
The Crawdads have put together one of their best records in the 27 season history of the franchise. If they win two of their final three games in the regular season, their .618 winning percentage would set the mark for best franchise winning percentage set by the 1994 team.
Tomorrow night the first 500 fans will get a Lenoir-Rhyne themed Crawdads hat thanks to Cody Law Firm and Kicks 103.3. The 5th Annual Bases and Brews presented by the Greater Hickory Jaycees, Lowes Foods, Hampton Farms, and HDR will take place from 6-9pm in the party patios. The Crawdads are also celebrating the 30th anniversary of the iconic baseball movie Field of Dreams. The night will feature tributes to the movie and fans can wear their favorite baseball jersey for a discounted $6 ticket. After the game, the entire Crawdads team will have a post-game autograph session on the third base line.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 30, 2019
- Feltner Delivers in Big Tourists Win - Asheville Tourists
- Magic Number Down to Three After 7-3 Win over Columbia - Augusta GreenJackets
- 'Dads Rack up 14Ks But Fall 4-2 - Hickory Crawdads
- Suns Walk-Off Wild Game vs Lakewood - Hagerstown Suns
- Lidge's First Homer Caps Comeback, Dogs Win Opener - Charleston RiverDogs
- Molina Doubles Twice in Series Opener - Columbia Fireflies
- Four Homers Too Much for Power in 11-1 Loss - West Virginia Power
- Simmons' Slam Sees K-Town by 'Birds - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Suns Top Claws 3-2 on Ninth Inning Throwing Error - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 30 at Augusta (Game 133) - Columbia Fireflies
- Game Notes (August 30) - West Virginia Power
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Kannapolis Baseball to Reveal New Name - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Bill on Baseball: Hoppers Keep Big Picture in Focus - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Faithful Pack the House for Home Finale - Columbia Fireflies
- Ball, Stallings Help Rome Hammer Greensboro 7-0 - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.