'Dads Hit Three Homers in Win over Charleston
Hickory, NC - The Crawdads took game one over the Charleston RiverDogs 7-3 on Monday night.
After collecting just one hit last night against Greensboro, the 'Dads rebounded with thirteen hits in their return to the Frans against the RiverDogs on Monday.
Bubba Thompson gave the 'Dads an early 1-0 lead, taking the second pitch of the game by former Crawdad Reiver Sanmartin over the centerfield wall. The homerun was Thompson's fifth of the season.
The 'Dads added to the lead in the second inning with another run. Pedro Gonzalez and Yohel Pozo led off the inning with consecutive singles. Gonzalez advanced to third as Aparicio grounded out. Kole Enright singled him in on a grounder to right.
The Crawdads followed nearly an identical script in the fourth to take a 3-0 lead. Gonzalez and Pozo once again started the inning with back-to-back singles. Aparicio popped out to advance the runners and Enright drove Gonzalez in with a single.
Yonny Hernandez went deep to left to give the 'Dads a 4-0 lead in the bottom of the fifth. The homerun was Hernandez' first of the season after 255 at bats. It was his second of his minor league career in which he has accumulated over 800 at bats.
The RiverDogs got a run in the top of the seventh off 'Dads righty Noah Bremer. Bremer pitched six and two thirds innings, giving up one run on nine hits and two walks. He struck out three batters.
The 'Dads responded with three more runs in the bottom half of the inning. Thompson reached after being hit in the helmet by a pitch. He remained in the game after being evaluated by the trainer. Ryan Dorow singled to put two runners on. Gonzalez crushed a ball down the left field line for his eleventh homerun of the season.
The RiverDogs scored a run in the eighth but still trailed the Crawdads 7-2.
On defense, the 'Dads turned three double plays, including a rare 5-4-2 double play.
The teams will play again tomorrow night at 7pm for Craft Beer Tuesday and Dollar Dog Tuesday.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 30, 2018
- Drive Drop Monday's Extra Inning Contest to Tourists - Greenville Drive
- Julio, Tourists Start Fast; Beat Drive in Extras - Asheville Tourists
- Suns Hold-Off Legends Late Rally in 6-5 Win - Hagerstown Suns
- Wild 'Birds Clipped by 'Claws - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Robles Rolls in 6-1 Win over 'Flies - West Virginia Power
- Garcia Goes Yard Again as 'Dads Take Series Opener - Charleston RiverDogs
- Two-Out Rally in Ninth Inning Comes up Short - Augusta GreenJackets
- Despite Ninth Inning Rally, Lexington Legends Fall in Game One to Hagerstown Suns - Lexington Legends
- Fitch's Home Run Gives BlueClaws Series-Opening Win at Delmarva - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Ninth Inning Rally Leads Greensboro Over Rome - Rome Braves
- 'Dads Hit Three Homers in Win over Charleston - Hickory Crawdads
- Debora Mutes West Virginia; Righty Spins Six Dazzling Frames out of the Bullpen - Columbia Fireflies
- Preview: Hoppers to Battle Braves - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 30 vs. West Virginia (Game 103) - Columbia Fireflies
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (July 30) - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.