Cyclones Drop Ticket Prices
CINCINNATI, Ohio - The Cincinnati Cyclones, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Montreal Canadiens and Nashville Predators, announced this afternoon that ticket prices for all remaining regular season home games have been discounted to $10 per ticket. The only exclusion are the VIP tickets (first two rows, which will remain at $22.50).
The Cyclones dropped the prices for seating in these same sections for January and attendance has increased 79 percent over January 2007. This included a crowd of 5139 for the January 6 win against Reading and Friday night's game, which had 5707 fans for the triumph versus Wheeling.
"We have been impressed with the fans response to discounted ticketing," Kristin Ropp, Vice President/General Manager of U.S. Bank Arena said. "With a first place team and the fun promotions we had in January, discounted tickets gave fans every incentive to turn out-and they did. Cyclones hockey is a fun evening for everyone and we want them to be able to come out, every night."
The Cyclones have increased attendance by 33.5 percent over the first 20 home games of a year ago and averaged 4201 for the four games at U.S. Bank Arena in January so far.
Group discounts are also available for groups of 30 or more. Tickets in these packages cost $8 each and must be purchased in advance of game day.
The Cincinnati Cyclones are next in action on Wednesday night (Jan. 30), when the Charlotte Checkers come to U.S. Bank Arena for a 7:30pm tilt. The latest news on the team and the webcast of the game can be heard at: www.cycloneshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 28, 2008
- Bakersfield gaining ground in National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Off The Hook - Idaho Steelheads
- RoadRunners nail down California split - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bakersfield Gaining Ground In National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulutzan Wins 200th, Wranglers Sweep Grizzlies - Las Vegas Wranglers
- The Pow-Wow Lineup Gets Gritty With Sgroi And Knight - Johnstown Chiefs
- Marlies return Cashman, Doig and Wellar - Columbia Inferno
- Wheeling Nailers to host "Shred Rodriguez" Night - Wheeling Nailers
- All For One... - Reading Royals
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- '06 Kelly Cup champion calls it a career after seven seasons - Alaska Aces
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Bombers Weekly Update - Dayton Bombers
- Devils Continue To Enjoy Home Cooking - Trenton Devils
- Cyclones Drop Ticket Prices - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Salmon Kings Receive Gajic Back From Moose - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Fresno Falcons Weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Cyclones Have 20/20 Vision - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Inferno Weekly - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Aces rally, then see third period lead evaporate in 7-5 loss - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.