Marlies return Cashman, Doig and Wellar
Inferno players Reid Cashman, Tyler Doig and Patrick Wellar have all been returned to the Inferno from their assignment to the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League, Inferno head coach and director of hockey operations Troy Mann announced today. The trio had previously been recalled to Toronto on Jan. 25.
Cashman 24, has 10 points (one goal, nine assists) and 14 penalty minutes in 21 games with the Inferno this season. The 6-foot-2, 205-pound native of Red Wing, Minnesota has two assists and two penalty minutes in five games with the Marlies this season.
Wellar 24, has 21 points (six goals, 15 assists) and 63 penalty minutes in 36 games with the Inferno this season. The 6-foot-3, 210-pounder from Carrot River, Saskatchewan has two penalty minutes in four games with the Marlies this season and was selected 77th overall by the Washington Capitals in the third round of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.
Doig, 21, is in his first professional season and was the Inferno's lone representative in the 2007-08 ECHL All-Star Game. In 38 games with the Inferno this season, the 6-foot, 180-pounder from Seaforth, Ontario has 29 points (seven goals, 22 assists) and 37 penalty minutes. He has one assist in two games with the Marlies this year.
The Inferno return to the Carolina Coliseum on Friday, Feb. 8 to host the Texas Wildcatters at 7:05 p.m.
Season tickets, group tickets, fundraisers and the coolest birthday parties in town are all available by calling 803.256.7825 or by logging on to columbiainferno.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 28, 2008
- Bakersfield gaining ground in National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Off The Hook - Idaho Steelheads
- RoadRunners nail down California split - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bakersfield Gaining Ground In National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulutzan Wins 200th, Wranglers Sweep Grizzlies - Las Vegas Wranglers
- The Pow-Wow Lineup Gets Gritty With Sgroi And Knight - Johnstown Chiefs
- Marlies return Cashman, Doig and Wellar - Columbia Inferno
- Wheeling Nailers to host "Shred Rodriguez" Night - Wheeling Nailers
- All For One... - Reading Royals
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- '06 Kelly Cup champion calls it a career after seven seasons - Alaska Aces
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Bombers Weekly Update - Dayton Bombers
- Devils Continue To Enjoy Home Cooking - Trenton Devils
- Cyclones Drop Ticket Prices - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Salmon Kings Receive Gajic Back From Moose - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Fresno Falcons Weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Cyclones Have 20/20 Vision - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Inferno Weekly - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Aces rally, then see third period lead evaporate in 7-5 loss - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.