ECHL This Week
January 28, 2008 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
American Conference - North Division
- Cyclones are 20 games above .500 (28-8-3) for the first time in team history.
- Cedrick Desjardins recorded his ECHL leading fourth shutout in a 2-0 win at Wheeling on Jan. 26.
- Cincinnati hosts Charlotte on Wednesday and plays at Wheeling on Friday and at Trenton on Saturday.
- Dayton is out scoring their opponents 49-39 in the third period.
- Rookie Jeremy Duchesne recorded his first professional shutout in a 3-0 win against Johnstown on Jan. 25.
- Bombers host Charlotte on Tuesday and Friday before playing at Johnstown on Saturday.
- Jackals are 18-2-2 when scoring the first goal.
- Chaz Johnson is on a 10-game point streak (10g-5a).
- Elmira hosts Johnstown on Wednesday and Reading on Saturday while playing at Trenton on Friday and at Johnstown on Sunday.
- Johnstown was 91.7 percent (11-for-12) on the penalty kill in three games last week.
- All-Star Ryan Garlock leads the team in January with eight assists and 12 points (4g-8a) in nine games.
- Chiefs play at Elmira on Wednesday and at Reading on Friday before hosting Dayton on Saturday and Elmira on Sunday.
- Royals are on a four-game road-winning streak and are 8-3-1 in their last 12 road games.
- Kevin Saurette registered back-to-back two-goal games on Jan. 26 and 27.
- Reading hosts Johnstown on Friday and plays at Elmira on Saturday.
- Trenton is 11-4-0 when scoring first.
- All-Star defenseman Ryan Gunderson has 10 points (1g-9a) in his last five games.
- Devils hosts Elmira on Friday and Cincinnati on Saturday.
- Nailers are 20.0 percent (11-for-55) on the power play in January.
- Sean Collins had six points (3g-3a) in three games last week.
- Wheeling hosts Cincinnati on Friday and Charlotte on Saturday.
American Conference - South Division
- Lynx have not allowed an even-strength goal since the second period against South Carolina on Jan. 15 (201 minutes).
- Rookie Bobby Goepfert is 9-7-0 and leads the ECHL with a 2.03 goals-against average.
- Augusta plays at Gwinnett on Tuesday and at South Carolina on Thursday before hosting Pensacola on Friday and Saturday.
- Charlotte is 7-3-0 in their last 10 home games.
- Jeff Kyrzakos has four points (1g-3a) in his last two games.
- Checkers play at Dayton on Tuesday and Friday, at Cincinnati on Wednesday and at Wheeling on Saturday.
- Inferno leads the ECHL on the penalty kill with 87.8 percent (194-for-221).
- Daniel Sparre has seven points (2g-5a) in his last five games.
- Columbia plays at Mississippi on Thursday and Saturday.
- Florida was 25.0 percent (3-for-12) on the power play last week.
- Derek Damon has a six-game point streak (3g-7a) and 20 points (8g-12a) in 12 games in January.
- Everblades host South Carolina on Tuesday and play at Texas on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Jeff Pyle recorded his 333rd win with a 3-2 shootout win on Jan. 21 to move into third place in the ECHL for career coaching wins.
- Tomas Pospisil leads the Gladiators and is tied for eighth in the league with four game-winning goals.
- Gwinnett hosts Augusta on Tuesday and South Carolina on Saturday and plays at South Carolina on Friday.
- Mississippi is 11-4-0 when scoring first.
- Chris Cava has six points (1g-5a) in his last five games.
- Sea Wolves play at Pensacola on Tuesday and host Columbia on Thursday and Saturday.
- Ice Pilots are out shooting their opponents 112-103 in the third period in their last 10 games.
- Michael Cohen scored his first point with Pensacola with an assist on Jan. 27.
- Pensacola hosts Mississippi on Tuesday before playing at Augusta on Friday and Saturday.
- South Carolina is 25.0 percent (14-for-56) on the power play in their last 10 games.
- Rookie defenseman Patrick McNeill has a nine-game point streak (4g-6a) and has scored in all but one of his 11 games.
- Stingrays are at Florida on Tuesday and at Gwinnett on Saturday while hosting Augusta on Thursday and Gwinnett on Friday.
- Wildcatters were 3-0 and out scored their opponent 13-5 last week.
- Rookie Max Taylor is on a four-game point streak (2g-4a).
- Texas hosts Florida on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
National Conference - West Division
- Alaska is 25.4 percent (17-for-67) on the power play in their last 10 games.
- All-Star Josh Soares has 14 points (6g-8a) in his last 10 games.
- Aces play at Utah on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Steelheads have won eight of their last 10 road games.
- All-Star Greg Rallo has 14 points (8g-6a) in his last 11 games.
- Idaho hosts Stockton on Tuesday and Wednesday before playing at Phoenix on Friday and Saturday.
- Phoenix has a power-play goal in 10 of their last 11 games.
- Daniel Sisca registered his 31st assist on Jan. 26, breaking the team record of 30 assists by Justin Aikins in 2006-07.
- RoadRunners play at Fresno on Tuesday before hosting Las Vegas on Wednesday and Idaho on Friday and Saturday.
- Grizzlies are 11-3-1 when scoring first.
- James Sanford leads Utah on the power play with four goals, nine assists and 13 points.
- Utah plays at Bakersfield on Tuesday and hosts Alaska on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Victoria was 2-1 last week and won a season series at Alaska for the first time in team history.
- All-Star MVP Ash Goldie recorded his league-leading third hat trick of the season on Jan. 27.
- Salmon Kings do not play until Feb. 5 when they travel to Bakersfield.
National Conference - Pacific Division
- Condors have not lost in regulation in their last six games (4-0-2).
- Rookie Mark Derlago is on a six-game goal streak (9g).
- Bakersfield hosts Utah on Tuesday and plays at Stockton on Friday and Saturday.
- Fresno is 16-1-2 when scoring first.
- Rookie All-Star Oren Eizenman leads the team in January with 13 assists and 19 points in 11 games.
- Falcons host Phoenix on Tuesday and Las Vegas on Saturday while playing at Las Vegas on Friday.
- Wranglers gave up only three goals last week and lead the ECHL in fewest goals allowed with 2.19 per game.
- Adam Cracknell had four points (3g-1a) in three games last week.
- Las Vegas plays at Phoenix on Wednesday and at Fresno on Saturday while hosting Fresno on Friday.
- Stockton is 11-2-0 when leading after the second period.
- All-Star Ryan MacMurchy leads the team in January with six goals and 12 points in nine games.
- Thunder play at Idaho on Tuesday and Wednesday before hosting Bakersfield on Friday and Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 28, 2008
- Bakersfield gaining ground in National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Off The Hook - Idaho Steelheads
- RoadRunners nail down California split - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bakersfield Gaining Ground In National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulutzan Wins 200th, Wranglers Sweep Grizzlies - Las Vegas Wranglers
- The Pow-Wow Lineup Gets Gritty With Sgroi And Knight - Johnstown Chiefs
- Marlies return Cashman, Doig and Wellar - Columbia Inferno
- Wheeling Nailers to host "Shred Rodriguez" Night - Wheeling Nailers
- All For One... - Reading Royals
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- '06 Kelly Cup champion calls it a career after seven seasons - Alaska Aces
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Bombers Weekly Update - Dayton Bombers
- Devils Continue To Enjoy Home Cooking - Trenton Devils
- Cyclones Drop Ticket Prices - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Salmon Kings Receive Gajic Back From Moose - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Fresno Falcons Weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Cyclones Have 20/20 Vision - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Inferno Weekly - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Aces rally, then see third period lead evaporate in 7-5 loss - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.