Weekly Record: 1-0-1
Overall Record: 17-15-10
Monday, Jan. 21
GWINNETT 3 - Inferno 2 (SO)
The Inferno received goals from Jeremy Hall and Tyler Doig as Columbia led Gwinnett until late in the third period. The Gladiators were able to score twice in the game's final five minutes to force the extra frame. Columbia earned a point before falling in the shootout. Jeff Jakaitis stopped 41 of 43.
Saturday, Jan. 26
INFERNO 6 - Charlotte 3
Columbia tallied six goals by six different shooters, including Jeff Miles, Peter Tsimikalis, Owen Fussey, Steve McJannet and Daniel Sparre. Defenseman Todd Perry earned a Gordie Howe Hat Trick with a goal, an assist and a fight with Charlotte's Jared Nightingale. Jeff Jakaitis stopped 37 of 40 shots as the Inferno improved to 4-3-2 against the Checkers this sesaon.
BY THE NUMBERS:
Record: 17-15-4-6, 44 points, sixth place in South Division
Most Goals: Daniel Sparre (18)
Assists: Jeff Miles (26)
Leading Scorer: Jeff Miles, 43 points
Power Play: 29 of 230 (12.6%), 24th in ECHL
Power Play Goals: Jeff Miles (7)
Penalty Kill: 194 of 221 (87.8%), 1st in ECHL
Shorthanded Goals: Tyler Doig, Owen Fussey, Jeremy Hall, Steve McJannet (1)
Game Winning Goals: Daniel Sparre (5)
Penalty Minutes: Tyson Marsh (84)
Goaltending: Jeff Jakaitis, 8-9-1-5, .916 save percentage, 2.68 GAA
THE WEEK THAT WILL BE:
Thursday, January 31, 7:05pm (CST)
Saturday, February 2, 7:05pm (CST)
Inferno @ Mississippi Sea Wolves
Mississippi Coast Coliseum
This is the second and third time the Sea Wolves and Inferno will meet this season. Mississippi beat the Inferno in overtime back on December 7, 6-5. The Sea Wolves are currently in eighth place in the South Division with 37 points (17-24-1-2).
PINK IN THE RINK
Friday, February 15, 2008
Inferno vs. Mississippi Sea Wolves, 7:05pm
The Inferno will host the 2nd Annual Pink in the Rink to benefit the Palmetto Health Foundation for Breast Cancer Research on Friday, February 15. Starting on Saturday, January 12, there will be a raffle set up at customer service for you to purchase raffle tickets to have the opportunity to win one of six pink jerseys. The remaining jerseys will be auctioned off immediately after the game on February 15. Ticket packages are available by calling 256-7825.
HOTTER THAN BLAZES:
Columbia is ranked first in penalty killing in the ECHL...Goaltender Jeff Jakaitis has started the last 13 games earning a 6-3-0-4 record, including one shutout...Pete Tsimikalis has eight points (1g-7a) in his last six games...Daniel Sparre has four points (1g-3a) in his last two games...Tyson Marsh had two assists in his last game.
Friday, February 8, 7:05pm
BELL SOUTH THE REAL YELLOW PAGES
Recycle your Phonebook
Bring any old phonebook to the game to recycle and the first 500 will get a free ticket, compliments of The Real Yellow Pages.
MEET THE INFERNO TONIGHT!!!!
Monday, January 28, 6:00pm
Plex Indoor Sports & Ice, Irmo
The Columbia Inferno will be practicing from 6-7pm and skating with the fans from 7-8pm. Players will be available for autographs after 8pm.
TRANSACTIONS LAST WEEK:
Add Mac Faulkner, F activated from IR Jan. 25
Add Dan Glover, D activated from IR Jan. 25
Delete Reid Cashman, D recalled to Toronto Marlies Jan. 25
Delete Tyler Doig, F recalled to Toronto Marlies Jan. 25
Delete Patrick Wellar, D recalled to Toronto Marlies Jan. 25
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 28, 2008
- Bakersfield gaining ground in National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Off The Hook - Idaho Steelheads
- RoadRunners nail down California split - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bakersfield Gaining Ground In National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulutzan Wins 200th, Wranglers Sweep Grizzlies - Las Vegas Wranglers
- The Pow-Wow Lineup Gets Gritty With Sgroi And Knight - Johnstown Chiefs
- Marlies return Cashman, Doig and Wellar - Columbia Inferno
- Wheeling Nailers to host "Shred Rodriguez" Night - Wheeling Nailers
- All For One... - Reading Royals
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- '06 Kelly Cup champion calls it a career after seven seasons - Alaska Aces
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Bombers Weekly Update - Dayton Bombers
- Devils Continue To Enjoy Home Cooking - Trenton Devils
- Cyclones Drop Ticket Prices - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Salmon Kings Receive Gajic Back From Moose - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Fresno Falcons Weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Cyclones Have 20/20 Vision - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Inferno Weekly - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Aces rally, then see third period lead evaporate in 7-5 loss - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.