Cyclones Add Physical Defenseman Benn Olson
CINCINNATI, Ohio - The 2010 Kelly Cup Champion Cincinnati Cyclones, proud affiliate of the NHL's Florida Panthers and Nashville Predators, announced today that they have agreed to terms with defenseman Benn Olson for the 2010-11 season.
Olson, the six-foot-four-inch British Columbia native, will add more size and physicality to the Cyclones defensive core. He spent most of the 2009-10 season as a member of the Florida Everblades, racking up a team-leading168 penalty minutes in 50 games. A season earlier, Olson played the same role for the Albany River Rats of the American Hockey League, spending 140 minutes in the sin-bin in just 36 games.
The 23-year-old will make his Cyclones debut this weekend when they travel to Kalamazoo for a two-game series against the Wings beginning Saturday night. Hear Saturday's game on MAX-FM starting at 7:15pm with the opening faceoff set for 7:30pm.
The defending Kelly Cup Champion Cyclones open their home schedule on Saturday, October 30 at U.S. Bank Arena against the Wheeling Nailers. Discounted ticket packages and single game tickets for the 2010-2011 season are available now. For more information, call 513.421.PUCK (7825) or visit CyclonesHockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 21, 2010
- Road Warriors Roll to 4-1 Win in Season Opener - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Everblades Blades Can't Spoil Road Warriors Opener, Fall 4-1 - Florida Everblades
- Pascal Morency Assigned to Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Continue Affiliation with Phoenix Coyotes - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Royals Sign Forward Devin Timberlake - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bendfeld Recalled to Oklahoma City, Jones Waived - Stockton Thunder
- K-Wings a Bite to Eat Before the Game - Kalamazoo Wings
- Reign "Kings Watch Party" Tonight at Hooters - Ontario Reign
- BFL CANADA Named Presenting Sponsor of 2011 ECHL Hall Of Fame Luncheon - ECHL
- Local Youth/High School Hockey Teams Pair up with Walleye in Successful Fundraiser - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Add Physical Defenseman Benn Olson - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.