Cutthroats Take First of Three-Game Series
Rapid City - The Denver Cutthroats faced the Rapid City Rush on Wednesday, November 27 at Rushmore Plaza Civic Center in Rapid City, South Dakota. This was the first time these two teams have met in the 2013-14 regular season. On Wednesday night, the Denver Cutthroats defeated the number one seated Rapid City Rush 2-1.
Following a scoreless opening period, Rapid City's Kyle Stroh (Konrad Reeder, Jesse Schultz) was the first to score a goal in the night and give the Rush a 1-0 lead on the power play. The Cutthroats retaliated with their own power play goal as Denver's Garett Bembridge (Troy Schwab, Michael Schumacher) found the back of the Rapid City Rush net and tied the score 1-1 to close the period at second intermission.
With less than five minutes remaining in regulation, Denver's Robin Soudek (J.P. Chabot, Lee Moffie) netted the puck for the Cutthroats second power play goal of the night. Denver Cutthroats netminder and Central Hockey League's Goalie of the Week Kent Patterson stopped 37 of the 38 shots on goal and helped to close the night 2-1 Denver. The Cutthroats are the second team to defeat the number one seated Rapid City Rush and currently stand second in the Central Hockey League with 23 points (10-4-3).
The Denver Cutthroats road series against the Rapid City Rush will continue on Friday, November 29 and Saturday, November 30 at Rushmore Plaza Civic Center in Rapid City, South Dakota. The Cutthroats return to the Denver Coliseum on Wednesday, December 11 to face the St. Charles Chill. For ticket information, visit DenverCutthroats.com or call 866.464.2626.
1. Robin Soudek (DEN)
2. Kent Patterson (DEN)
3. Tim Boron (RPD)
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2013
- Sundogs Edge Americans 5-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Cutthroats Take First of Three-Game Series - Denver Cutthroats
- Americans Lose One Late, Fall by a Score of 5-3 - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Take 5-4 Shootout Victory on Pay What You Can Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Beat Beast 3-2 on Thanksgiving Eve - Wichita Thunder
- Chill Loses in Shootout 4-3 - St. Charles Chill
- Mallards Fall in Shootout Again - Quad City Mallards
- Tulsa Edges St. Charles In 4-3 Shootout Victory - Tulsa Oilers
- 2013 CHL Man of the Year Announces Retirement - Wichita Thunder
- Lizon's Return Highlights Roster Moves - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Add Young Defenseman, Make Roster Moves - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster