Cutthroats' Round One Schedule Released for 2013 CHL Playoffs
DENVER - The expansion Denver Cutthroats will begin play in the 2013 Central Hockey League playoffs on Thursday, March 28 when they face the No. 1 seed Allen Americans in Allen, Texas, in a best-of-seven first round series.
The first two games of the series will be in Allen on March 28 and March 29, then playoff hockey returns to Denver when the Cutthroats host the team's first ever CHL Playoff game on Sunday, March 31 at 4:05 p.m. at the Denver Coliseum. Denver will host Game Four at the Denver Coliseum on Monday, April 1 at 7:05 p.m. Tickets for the Cutthroats playoff games are on sale now at Ticketmaster.com, or by calling 303-688-5297.
"Obviously, this will be a strong test for our team. Allen had a great season and is a very good team," said Cutthroats Head Coach Derek Armstrong. "But going into the playoffs, both teams are 0-0 right now. We look forward to this challenge."
The first round schedule for the Cutthroats-Americans series is (all times local):
Game 1: Thu., Mar. 28; Denver at Allen, 7:05 p.m.
Game 2: Fri., Mar. 29; Denver at Allen, 7:05 p.m.
Game 3: Sun., Mar. 31; Allen at Denver, 4:05 p.m. (Denver Coliseum)
Game 4: Mon., Apr.1; Allen at Denver, 7:05 p.m. (Denver Coliseum)
*Game 5: Sat., Apr. 6; Denver at Allen, 7:05 p.m.
*Game 6: Tue., Apr. 9; Allen at Denver, 7:05 p.m. (Denver Coliseum)
*Game 7: Thu., Apr. 11; Denver at Allen, 7:05 p.m.
Denver enters the playoffs behind First-Team All-CHL forward A.J. Gale, who led the league in goals scored during the regular season with 46, including five goals in the team's last two regular season games. Details on Cutthroats "Watch Parties" for Game One and Game Two, and other playoff activities, will follow shortly.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2013
- Rush Announce 2013 Playoff Roster - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Missouri's Kenton Miller Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Mavericks' F Kenton Miller Named CHL's Player of the Week - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Announce Time Change for Game One vs. Arizona - Wichita Thunder
- Cutthroats' Round One Schedule Released for 2013 CHL Playoffs - Denver Cutthroats
- Mallards' Lang Finishes Second in CHL MVP Voting - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks' Sebastien Thinel Named CHL Most Valuable Player - Kansas City Mavericks
- Sebastien Thinel Named CHL Most Valuable Player - CHL
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Americans to Hold Playoff Pep Rally Tuesday Night at Boston's - Allen Americans
- Final Edition - Oilers Weekly News and Notes - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Clinch Top Seed and Governors' Cup - Allen Americans
- Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Playoff Begin Thursday - CHL
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Allen Americans Win Bud Poile Governors' Cup - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster