Cutthroats Come Back 3-2
Wichita - The Denver Cutthroats headed to Wichita, Kansas to face the Thunder for the third time this season on Sunday, November 3. The Cutthroats lead the Central Hockey League series against the Wichita Thunder by two, having defeated the team at home in Denver. The team increased their lead by one on Sunday night when Denver came back to defeat Wichita 3-2.
Before the puck had a chance to drop, the gloves were on the ice as Denver's Dan Barnes and Wichita's Garrett Gruenke were battling at face off. Just 32 seconds into the opening period, Garett Bembridge (Steve Kaunisto, Troy Schwab) gave Denver the lead on the Cutthroats power play. A goal from Wichita's R.G. Flath (Thomas Beauregard, Mike Wilson) tied the game on the Thunder's power play at 1-1 and closed the period.
With a nearly scoreless second period, the Thunder took the lead with less than two minutes remaining. Matt Robinson (Nick McParland, Kalvin Sagert) found a shot past Denver's Kent Patterson to put Wichita up 2-1.
Denver came back in the third to tie the game at 2-2 when Vincent Arseneau (Lee Moffie, Patterson) fired a shot at Wichita's cage. Troy Schwab (Bembridge, A.J. Gale) netted the puck to give the Cutthroats the lead and win the game 3-2 over the Thunder.
The Denver Cutthroats will close their five-game road series in Moline, Illinois against the Quad City Mallards on November 8 and 9. The Cutthroats return to the Denver Coliseum on Tuesday, November 12 to face the Arizona Sundogs. For ticket information, visit DenverCutthroats.com or call 866.464.2626.
1. Troy Schwab (DEN)
2. Matt Robinson (WIC)
3. Garett Bembridge (DEN)
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 3, 2013
- Third Period Dooms Thunder in 3-2 Loss vs. Denver - Wichita Thunder
- Cutthroats Come Back 3-2 - Denver Cutthroats
- Americans Fall for the First Time in Regulation - Allen Americans
- Oilers Snap Skid with 3-1 Victory in Allen - Tulsa Oilers
- Baldwin Returns to Iowa Wild - Quad City Mallards
- Sundogs' Early Surge Not Enought against Rush - Arizona Sundogs
- Oilers Lose Sixth Straight One-Goal Game - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Win in Front of Record Breaking Crowd - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Lose First Meeting vs. Chill 2-1 in OT - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster