Crystal Dangerfield Named to 2020 WNBA All-Rookie Team
MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - The WNBA today announced that Minnesota Lynx guard Crystal Dangerfield has been named to the 2020 All-Rookie Team. Dangerfield, the 2020 WNBA Rookie of the Year was a unanimous selection, receiving the maximum 11 votes from a panel of the WNBA's 12 head coaches, who each selected five players regardless of position and were not permitted to vote for players on their own team.
Dangerfield, the ninth Lynx player and second in a row to earn All-Rookie Team honors (Napheesa Collier 2019, Maya Moore 2011, Monica Wright 2010, Renee Montgomery 2009, Nicky Anosike 2008, Candice Wiggins 2008, Seimone Augustus 2006), wrapped up her debut season in the WNBA by starting 19 of the final 20 games. She led the Lynx in both scoring (16.2 ppg) and assists (3.6 apg) in the regular season while shooting 47% from the field and 92% from the free throw line. Dangerfield ranked third in the WNBA in FT accuracy at 92.2%, breaking Katie Smith's club single-season mark of 89.9% set in 2004 and ended the season with the third-highest per-game scoring average ever for a Lynx rookie.
The 5-6 guard led all WNBA rookies with eight 20+ point games, which was the most by a Lynx rookie since Augustus tallied 20 such games in 2006. She additionally notched three 20+ point/5+ assist games, leading all WNBA rookies this season and marking the most such games by a Lynx rookie since Lennox in 2000. Dangerfield was chosen as the WNBA's Rookie of the Month in August and September, becoming the second Lynx rookie to garner the award twice (Moore, 2011).
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 27, 2020
- Storm Closes out Lynx in Game 3, 92-71, Advance to Finals - Seattle Storm
- Minnesota Lynx Postgame Materials - 9.27 vs Seattle - Minnesota Lynx
- McCoughtry, Wilson Power Aces Past Sun, 84-75, to Force Game 5 - Las Vegas Aces
- Sabally Named to All-Rookie Team - Dallas Wings
- Crystal Dangerfield Named to 2020 WNBA All-Rookie Team - Minnesota Lynx
- Chennedy Carter Unanimous WNBA All-Rookie Team Selection - Atlanta Dream
- Julie Allemand Named to WNBA All-Rookie Team - Indiana Fever
- Jazmine Jones Named to WNBA's 2020 All-Rookie Team - New York Liberty
- WNBA Rookie of the Year Crystal Dangerfield Headlines 2020 WNBA All-Rookie Team - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Lynx Stories
- Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Release Second Episode of Social Justice Content Series "Voices"
- Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Participate in Team up for Change Virtual Summit
- Statement from Minnesota Timberwolves & Lynx Owner Glen Taylor on the Passing of Sid Hartman
- Lynx FastBreak Foundation to Raise Funds for Breast Health Awareness
- Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Host Third Pack the Vote Registration Event