Julie Allemand Named to WNBA All-Rookie Team
INDIANAPOLIS - The WNBA announced today Indiana Fever guard Julie Allemand was named to the 2020 All-Rookie Team. Allemand also earned recognition from the Associated Press All-Rookie Team on September 15.
Allemand is the sixth Fever player to make the WNBA All-Rookie Team, joining Teaira McCowan (2019), Kelsey Mitchell (2018), Tiffany Mitchell (2016), Natalie Achonwa (2015) and Tan White (2005). Allemand was a unanimous selection, receiving the maximum 11 votes from a panel of the WNBA's 12 head coaches, who each selected five players regardless of position and were not permitted to vote for players on their own team.
"Julie was a key part to our team this season and proved what she can achieve on the court in the WNBA from the first day," Vice President of Basketball Operations and General Manager Tamika Catchings said. "She will be a vital member of our team - both on and off the court - that Fever fans will enjoy watching for many years to come."
In her rookie season with the Fever, Allemand became the first rookie in WNBA history to average at least 8.0 points, 5.0 assists and 4.0 rebounds per game. The 5-foot-8 guard was the ninth rookie in league history to record at least eight assists in six games during her inaugural WNBA season.
In the third game of her WNBA career against the Dallas Wings on July 31, Allemand's 11 assists tied a franchise record for the most assists in a single game. She joined Coquese Washington and Vice President of Basketball Operations and General Manager, Tamika Catchings, as the only players in Fever history with multiple games recording at least 10 assists.
Allemand was the only rookie to start every game this season, as she ended the 2020 season averaging the second most assists in the WNBA at 5.8 assists per contest.
She is joined on the WNBA All-Rookie Team with Crystal Dangerfield (Minnesota Lynx), Satou Sabally (Dallas Wings), Chennedy Carter (Atlanta Dream) and Jazmine Jones (New York Liberty).
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 27, 2020
- Storm Closes out Lynx in Game 3, 92-71, Advance to Finals - Seattle Storm
- Minnesota Lynx Postgame Materials - 9.27 vs Seattle - Minnesota Lynx
- McCoughtry, Wilson Power Aces Past Sun, 84-75, to Force Game 5 - Las Vegas Aces
- Sabally Named to All-Rookie Team - Dallas Wings
- Crystal Dangerfield Named to 2020 WNBA All-Rookie Team - Minnesota Lynx
- Chennedy Carter Unanimous WNBA All-Rookie Team Selection - Atlanta Dream
- Julie Allemand Named to WNBA All-Rookie Team - Indiana Fever
- Jazmine Jones Named to WNBA's 2020 All-Rookie Team - New York Liberty
- WNBA Rookie of the Year Crystal Dangerfield Headlines 2020 WNBA All-Rookie Team - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indiana Fever Stories
- ICRC Acknowledges 2021 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Indiana Holiday Award Recipients
- Tamika Catchings Honored as Torchbearer Award Recipient
- Julie Allemand Named to WNBA All-Rookie Team
- Julie Allemand Named to Associated Press All-Rookie Team
- Dupree Moves into Sixth on WNBA All-Time Rebounding List