Jazmine Jones Named to WNBA's 2020 All-Rookie Team
NEW YORK - Today the Women's National Basketball Association announced that Liberty guard, Jazmine Jones, has been selected to the 2020 All-Rookie Team in part of the league-wide postseason awards. Jones is now the fifth rookie in franchise history to receive the honor, and the first since Brittany Boyd and Kiah Stokes in 2015.
"I am beyond excited to be named to this year's WNBA All-Rookie class and I couldn't have done it without the support of my teammates, coaches and the Liberty staff," said Jones. "It's an honor to be among such a talented group of elite players, and I look forward to continuing to get better as a professional."
The Louisville alumna was selected 12th overall by New York in the 2020 WNBA Draft, which the team acquired from the Washington Mystics. Jones made an immediate impact off the bench for the Liberty, stepping into the point guard role for the first time since her high school career and providing great effort on both sides of the ball.
Jones ranked fourth among rookies in scoring (10.8 ppg), third in rebounding (4.1 rpg) and first in steals (1.4 spg). Jones, who came off the bench in 18 of her 20 games, also averaged 2.3 assists while logging 21.4 minutes per contest. Jones received six votes from a panel of the WNBA's 12 head coaches, who each selected five players regardless of position and were not permitted to vote for players on their own team. This award is the third All-Rookie honor the 6'0 guard has garnered, along with selections from ESPN and The Associated Press.
The 2020 WNBA All-Rookie Team also features Rookie of the Year, Crystal Dangerfield (Minnesota), Julie Allemand (Indiana), Chennedy Carter (Atlanta) and Satou Sabally (Dallas).
The Liberty's All-Rookie Team recipients include:
Jazmine Jones - G - 2020
Kiah Stokes - C - 2015
Brittany Boyd - G - 2015
Kelsey Bone - C - 2013
Kalana Greene - G - 2010
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 27, 2020
- Storm Closes out Lynx in Game 3, 92-71, Advance to Finals - Seattle Storm
- Minnesota Lynx Postgame Materials - 9.27 vs Seattle - Minnesota Lynx
- McCoughtry, Wilson Power Aces Past Sun, 84-75, to Force Game 5 - Las Vegas Aces
- Sabally Named to All-Rookie Team - Dallas Wings
- Crystal Dangerfield Named to 2020 WNBA All-Rookie Team - Minnesota Lynx
- Chennedy Carter Unanimous WNBA All-Rookie Team Selection - Atlanta Dream
- Julie Allemand Named to WNBA All-Rookie Team - Indiana Fever
- Jazmine Jones Named to WNBA's 2020 All-Rookie Team - New York Liberty
- WNBA Rookie of the Year Crystal Dangerfield Headlines 2020 WNBA All-Rookie Team - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Liberty Stories
- Stars from the WNBA's NY Liberty and CT Sun to Support the NWHL in Bubble Season
- Paris Kea Medical Update
- New York Liberty's Jocelyn Willoughby to Launch Book Club in 2021
- Sun Chlorella Named Official Superfood of the Brooklyn Nets and New York Liberty
- New York Liberty Secure No. 1 Pick in WNBA Draft for Second Time in Franchise History