Coyotes Drop Sixth Straight
Edinburg, TX; July 23, 2007-The Edinburg Coyotes continue their struggles as they blew a three run lead in the fifth inning to suffer their sixth straight loss 8-5 against the San Angelo Colts Monday night at Edinburg Baseball Stadium. Edinburg has now lost 13 of the last 14 games and all four of their homestand, and continue to hold last place in the league.
Things started to look up for the Coyotes as starting pitcher Eric Montoya took the mound and allowed only three runs in the first four innings of work, something that has rarely been seen lately by the Coyote pitching staff. The Edinburg offense was looking top notch as well posting four runs in the first three innings including a two run homer by short stop Nelson Teilon giving the Yotes the 4-1 advantage.
San Angelo would pick up two in the fourth on an Andres Rodriguez two run homer, but it was the fifth inning that was what sealed the win for the Colts. Things started with Montoya walking two, followed by a Madison Edwards double which scored two. San Angelo would add one more in the inning giving them the 6-4 lead after the fifth.
Edinburg would go on to score one more to San Angelo's two in the contest giving the Colts their ninth win in the second half, and the Coyotes their 15th loss.
Montoya gave up six runs on 12 hits, while striking out three and walking five in his seven innings of work, while Colts starter Brian Henschel gave up four runs on nine hits, while striking out four and walking only one in his seven innings.
Next up the Coyotes continue their four game series with the Colts Tuesday night at Edinburg Baseball Stadium. Game time set for 7:05 p.m. Starting pitchers will result in a match-up between Edinburg's Aaron Guerra and San Angelo's Brantley Jordan. Fans can enjoy half price tickets courtesy of Blockbuster Video.
The Edinburg Coyotes are members of United League Baseball, an independent league of six professional baseball teams located in Texas and Louisiana. The United League in its second season with teams located in Amarillo, Edinburg, Laredo, Harlingen, and San Angelo, Texas; and Alexandria, Louisiana. The ULB will play a 100-game schedule between May and August 2007.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from July 23, 2007
- Aces Crush Dillas, 15-7 - Alexandria Aces
- Colts Win Fourth Straight, Take Series Opener - San Angelo Colts
- Aces Tee Off on Dillas - Amarillo Dillas
- Coyotes Drop Sixth Straight - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Broncos Beat Up WhiteWings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Dillas Add Some Funk To Bullpen - Amarillo Dillas
- Colts sweep doubleheader after 4-2 win in night game - San Angelo Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Edinburg Roadrunners Stories
- Roadrunners drop heart-breaker
- Roadrunners clinch second seed, homefield advantage
- Roadrunners snap 3-game skid
- Roadrunners drop series opener
- Roadrunners take opening game from Colts