Aces Crush Dillas, 15-7
Alexandria, LA Monday July 23, 2007- The Alexandria Aces pounded out 18 hits against the Amarillo Dillas to win game one of the battle between the first and second place teams in the United League by the score of 15-7.
Aces starter Buddy Bengel worked 5.1 innings, allowing three runs on five hits, while walking five and striking out eight. Bengel (4-4) did not have his best stuff tonight, but managed to work in and out of jams throughout the night. Luis Galarraga worked 1.2 innings of relief, allowing only one hit nd no runs, while walking one and striking out two. Walt Nolen worked a scoreless eighth in his lone inning of relief. Josh Chitwood and Justin Hopes did not reire one of the seven batters they face, with Chitwood walking three and allowing a three run home run to Danny Bravo in the ninth. Justin Dowdy had to come in a strike out the side with the bases loaded and no one out in a 15-7 game to preserve the win for Alexandria.
Selwyn Langaigne had a marvelous night, going 4-for-4 with five runs scored and three runs batted in to lead the Aces. Josh Tranum also had a perfect night at the plate going 3-for-3 with two runs scored and two runs batted in as well. Palmer Karr was 2-for-4 with four runs batted in to continue his rbi tear in the last five games. Richard Paz was 1-for-2 with a run batted in and four runs scored, with three walks to improve on his league best .450 on base percentage. Bryan Sabatella also was 4-for-6 with three runs batted in and a run scored to lead the 18 hit affair for Alexandria. Evan Cherry and Eddie Fitzpatrick chipped in with hits to trap the Dillas early and often.
Amarillo starter Kyle Allen (5-5) took the loss going only 3.0innings, allowing six runs on 10 hits, while walking two and striking out two as well. Five Dilla relievers combined for 5.0 innings, allowing nine runs on eight hits, while walking 11.
With the loss the Dillas drop to 38-32 overall and 12-8 in the secong half four games behind the Aces who lead the league at 43-26 overall and 16-4 in the second half Tomorrow's Probable starters: ALX-- James AMA-- T. Allen
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from July 23, 2007
- Aces Crush Dillas, 15-7 - Alexandria Aces
- Colts Win Fourth Straight, Take Series Opener - San Angelo Colts
- Aces Tee Off on Dillas - Amarillo Dillas
- Coyotes Drop Sixth Straight - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Broncos Beat Up WhiteWings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Dillas Add Some Funk To Bullpen - Amarillo Dillas
- Colts sweep doubleheader after 4-2 win in night game - San Angelo Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th