Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
Alexandria, LA; August 8, 2012 - The Alexandria Aces of the Texas Collegiate League and the City of Pineville have teamed up for "Pack the Park" Night this Thursday Night, August 9th at Bringhurst Field. Aces' fans will receive free general admission tickets as the second-place Aces take on the Cane Cutters in a game that will help determine who will make the TCL playoffs. Gates open at 6:30 p.m. with the first pitch scheduled for 7:00 p.m.
With the recent announcement that the City of Alexandria has closed Bringhurst Field to future events, this may be the next-to-last home game of the Alexandria Aces in Bringhurst Field, as people have come to know it for the last 80 years.
The Aces are battling for the last playoff spot against the Cane Cutters and the Strykers. Tonight's double-header against the Styrkers and the two remaining home games against the Cane Cutters are essentially play-in series to the 2012 TCL Playoffs. The Aces conclude the regular season two nights later on Saturday, August 11th, as Kisatchie National Forest sponsors Smokey the Bear Night with Aces' Team Photos.
Due to the City's recent announcement, Saturday, August 11th may be the last time Bringhurst Field will be used in its present capacity. All Aces' and baseball fans and Bringhurst Field supporters are asked to come to out and show their support to the Aces for the last two games to help provide the City make future determinations of Bringhurst Field.
For more information on the Aces, call (318) 473-ACES (2237), or visit the team's website at www.myacesbaseball.com. You can also reach Eric Moran via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fans can go like the Aces' Facebook account and follow the Aces on Twitter: Alexandria Aces.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from August 8, 2012
- Bombers Sweep Pump Jacks and Take over First Place for the Season - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Generals Power Past Marshals 8-6 - Victoria Generals
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park" - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th