Cox And Maypray Honoured
Linebacker Chip Cox and return specialist Tim Maypray were respectively named the CFL's Defensive and Special Teams Player of the Week for Week 6.
Chip Cox - Defensive Player of the Week Cox recorded his two first interceptions of the season in the Alouettes' 30-26 win over the Roughriders, accomplishing this feat for the second time in his career. He also registered eight defensive tackles and a knockdown in the game. He currently leads the Alouettes for most defensive tackles and most tackles for loss.
Tim Maypray - Special Teams Player of the Week Maypray scored his second touchdown of the season on a missed field goal return against Saskatchewan, a 118-yard play that gave Montreal a 14-point lead at the half. The rookie finished the game with 241 combined yards, including 106 yards on six punt returns. He's currently fourth in the CFL and leads the Alouettes with 737 combined yards.
Bekasiak runner up Defensive tackle J.P. Bekasiak was named runner up for Canadian Player of the Week. He made three defensive tackles including a safety, which allowed the Alouettes to add two precious points to their lead in the fourth quarter.
The Alouettes will visit the Argonauts at Rogers Centre this Saturday, Aug. 14 at 7:30 p.m. (TSN HD, RDS HD, CJAD, NRJ).
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from August 10, 2010
- Lions Release Derick Armstrong - B.C. Lions
- First Ever Bicycle Valet at Winnipeg Blue Bombers Game a Success - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Stala Earns Nod as Top Canadian - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Cox And Maypray Honoured - Montreal Alouettes
- Boy Oh Boyd - Argos Running Back Cory Boyd Earns CFL Player of the Week - Toronto Argonauts
- Gibson's Finest CFL Players of the Week Named - CFL
- Blue Bombers Release Kicker Alexis Serna - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.