Blue Bombers Release Kicker Alexis Serna
The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have released import kicker Alexis Serna and added import kicker Louie Sakoda to the practice roster today.
"At this time we felt we had to make a decision and move forward in regards to our place-kicking situation. It is one of the most valuable positions on a football field and we simply needed more consistent production at that spot. Alexis is a great person and has been a valuable part of this organization. We thank him for his services to the Winnipeg Football Club", said Blue Bombers Vice-President and General Manager of Football Operations Joe Mack.
Serna joined the Blue Bombers in 2008 and handled both the place-kicking and punting duties in his first year. In total, Serna has made 81 of 113 field goals (71.7%) in his three seasons in blue and gold. He also has a 42.1 yard average on 145 punts.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from August 10, 2010
- Lions Release Derick Armstrong - B.C. Lions
- First Ever Bicycle Valet at Winnipeg Blue Bombers Game a Success - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Stala Earns Nod as Top Canadian - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Cox And Maypray Honoured - Montreal Alouettes
- Boy Oh Boyd - Argos Running Back Cory Boyd Earns CFL Player of the Week - Toronto Argonauts
- Gibson's Finest CFL Players of the Week Named - CFL
- Blue Bombers Release Kicker Alexis Serna - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Blue Bombers Stories
- Bombers and Perimeter Aviation Launch NFL Experience for First Nations Youth
- Blue Bombers Sign Defensive End McCalister
- Clear Bag Policy in Effect August 22
- Blue Bombers to Host Viewing Party for Raiders vs Packers Game at the Forks
- Blue Bombers Add Two to Practice Roster