Correll Named Northern League Player of the Week
KANSAS CITY, Kan. - The Northern League announced Tuesday that Kansas City T-Bone left fielder Brad Correll has been named player of the week for the week ending June 1. He hit .393 for the week with three home runs and 13 RBI. More than half of his season home run and RBI totals came this week.
Correll had three separate four RBI games during the week giving him a league best 24 RBI on the season. Correll also leads the Northern League with an .893 slugging percentage. His five home runs tie Correll for the Northern League lead and he's among the league leaders in three other categories; average, hits and extra-base hits.
Correll is back with the T-Bones after finishing the 2007 season with the Boston Red Sox class A affiliate in Lancaster, CA where he hit .344 with 23 home runs and 80 RBI.
Three T-Bones have now received weekly league honors through two voting periods. Jim Fasano was named Northern League Player of the Week last week and Anthony Boughner was awarded pitcher of the week honors.
The T-Bones open up an eight-game homestand starting with a three game series with the Winnipeg Goldeyes tonight at CommunityAmerica Ballpark. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05.
• Discuss this story on the Northern League message board...
Northern League Stories from June 3, 2008
- Redhawks Take Game One From Jackhammers - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Redhawks beat the Jackhammers 4-3 on Tuesday - Joliet JackHammers
- T-Bones Drop Series Opener 8-4 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Crowell shines through the fog in Flyers debut - Schaumburg Flyers
- RailCats Give Up Big Fifth Inning, Fall 7-2 at Schaumburg (June 3, 2008) - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Northern League Transactions - NL
- RailCats Claim Pitcher Kevin Tomasiewicz From Fargo-Moorhead - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Correll and Cogan Named Northern League Player and Pitcher of the Week - NL
- Correll Named Northern League Player of the Week - Kansas City T-Bones
- RailCats' ace Tony Cogan named Pitcher of the Week - Gary SouthShore Railcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.