Condors Sign Matteo Gennaro to an AHL Deal
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors signed F Matteo Gennaro to a two-way AHL/ECHL contract for the 2021-22 season. Last season, Gennaro led the Wichita Thunder (ECHL) in goals with 26 in 61 games.
The 24-year old spent parts of two seasons in the AHL with the Tucson Roadrunners, collecting 12 points (5g-7a) in 66 games.
A native of St. Albert, Alberta, he was drafted in the 7th round (#203) of the 2015 NHL Draft by the Winnipeg Jets. He registered 248 points (124g-124a) in 338 games in the Western Hockey League. His WHL career included two seasons with the Prince Albert Raiders where he played for Condors Assistant Coach Dave Manson, who was an associate coach with the Raiders.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 15, 2021
- Admirals Unveil Third Jersey, Logo - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bears Re-Sign Kale Kessy to Two-Year Deal - Hershey Bears
- Admirals to Unveil Third Jersey Tonight - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Elevate Courtney Mahoney, Jon Sata to Team Presidency - Chicago Wolves
- Condors Sign Matteo Gennaro to an AHL Deal - Bakersfield Condors
- Iowa Re-Signs Defenseman Keaton Thompson to AHL Contract - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Gulls Sign Nikolas Brouillard to One-Year Contract Extension - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners Home Opener Set for Saturday, October 23 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Penguins Re-Sign Forward Kyle Olson - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.