Columbus Crew SC Hosts Nashville SC Tonight
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC faces Nashville SC at MAPFRE Stadium tonight, Saturday, September 19 [7:30 p.m. ET / FOX Sports Ohio, FOX Sports GO (Stream) / 97.1 The Fan & 971TheFan.com (English), ColumbusCrewSC.com (Spanish)].
Tonight's match also airs locally on the radio in English on 97.1 The Fan and streaming online via "Listen Live" at 971TheFan.com, featuring Chris Doran broadcasting the contest. The club's official website, ColumbusCrewSC.com, is set to stream Spanish-language audio broadcast with Juan Valladares behind the microphone.
The match marks the first regular-season meeting between Crew SC and expansion side Nashville SC. Crew SC is undefeated in its last nine regular-season matches at MAPFRE Stadium, with a record of 6-0-3. The streak dates back to a 2-1 victory last year over the Montreal Impact (July 20). Additionally, the Crew has won all of four of its regular-season matches at MAPFRE Stadium this year, posting a record of 4-0-0.
On top of its nine-match undefeated streak at home, the Black & Gold have only lost three matches - home or away - in their last 24 regular-season contests. This streak began with a 2-2 draw on the road last year against Chicago Fire FC (July 17), with the Crew posting a winning record of 12-3-9 over that span.
MAPFRE Stadium is once again set to host a limited number (1500) fans during the two-match homestand which includes matches against Nashville SC (September 19) and against Minnesota United FC (September 23). Supporters are reminded that while enjoying the match, when not actively eating or drinking, masks must remain on at all times and Experience Team ushers will be increasing the number of trips up and down the stands during match action, continuing to enforce this rule as it is critical to the success of hosting matches. All supporters are encouraged to view the Responsible Restart instructional video to review the matchday experience with health and safety initiatives.
As previously announced, Crew SC is supporting initiatives and activations throughout the month of September, as part of MLS WORKS' seventh-annual Kick Childhood Cancer campaign. This September, which is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, Crew SC's activations will take place virtually as well as in-match and aim to raise awareness of pediatric cancer as well as honor pediatric cancer patients, survivors and their families.
Columbus Crew SC vs. Nashville SC
Saturday, September 19 - 7:30 p.m. ET - MAPFRE Stadium (Columbus, Ohio)
Regional Television: FOX Sports Ohio, FOX Sports GO (Stream) | Coverage begins: 7:00 p.m. ET
Regional Television Channel Guide: https://www.ColumbusCrewSC.com/broadcast
Crew SC Radio: 97.1 The Fan and streaming online via "Listen Live" at 971TheFan.com. (English); ColumbusCrewSC.com (Spanish).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 19, 2020
- Rapids Shock Hot Galaxy with 2-0 Win - Colorado Rapids
- Dynamo Rally for 2-2 Draw with Minnesota United FC - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 4-1 to Orlando City SC at Exploria Stadium - Chicago Fire
- MNUFC Earn Point on the Road in Houston - Minnesota United FC
- Medunjanin's late game-winner propels FCC in win - FC Cincinnati
- Nashville SC's Unbeaten Run Comes to An End against First-Place Columbus Crew SC - Nashville SC
- D.C. United Draw 2-2 against Toronto FC at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Toronto FC (2) - D.C. United (2) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Four Lions Find the Back of the Net in 4-1 Win over Chicago - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Falls to Inter Miami CF 2-1 - Atlanta United FC
- Medunjanin's Olimpico Leads FC Cincinnati Past New York, 1-0 - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF Defeats Atlanta United FC 1-2 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium - Inter Miami CF
- Johnny Russell Scores Twice in 3-2 Loss - Sporting Kansas City
- Notes & Quotes: New England Revolution 0 - 0 New York City FC - New York City FC
- Revolution and New York City FC Play to 0-0 Draw - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Defeats Sporting Kansas City 3-2 at Children's Mercy Park - FC Dallas
- Colorado Rapids Sign Decorated Defender Steven Beitashour to a One-Year Contract - Colorado Rapids
- Colorado Rapids Trade Kei Kamara to Minnesota United FC for $150,000 in GAM - Colorado Rapids
- MNUFC Acquire Forward Kei Kamara from Colorado Rapids - Minnesota United FC
- Timbers Face San Jose Earthquakes in Road Match Tonight - Portland Timbers
- Wednesday's Revolution Match vs. Montreal Impact Moved to 5:00 p.m. - New England Revolution
- Wednesday's Game against New England Moved Earlier to 5pm - Montreal Impact
- Earthquakes Take on Portland Timbers Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Whitecaps FC Acquire $400,000 in MLS Allocation Money from D.C. United for Yordy Reyna - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Acquire Yordy Reyna from the Vancouver Whitecaps - D.C. United
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts Nashville SC Tonight - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC Jumps into First Place in Western Conference with 3-0 Win over LAFC - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Loses 2-0 to Seattle Sounders on the Road - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Josh Williams Suspended
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Captain Jonathan Mensah to Multi-Year Contract Extension
- "Together We Rise": Columbus Crew SC Tickets for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Now on Sale
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Fan Contest to Design New Commemorative Patch for Nordecke Season Ticket Members at New Crew Stadium