Colts Lose in Hard Fought Battle against the Wolves
The Barrie Colts were on the road tonight against the Sudbury Wolves. The Colts were looking to bounce back after a loss last night to the Sarnia Sting.
In the first period it was top NHL draft prospect, Quinton Byfield, scoring first for the Wolves on a hard wrist shot from the slot. David Levin and Kosta Manikis added assists on the game's opening goal. With 17 seconds left in the frame it was Byfield again, scoring on a rebound shot. Manikis and Levin assisted on the goal, ending the period with a 2-0 lead.
In the second period it was Tyler Tucker scoring on a point shot to bring the Colts back within one. Tyson Foerster and Luke Bignell picked up the helpers on Tucker's second in as many nights. Shortly after that, Foerster would bury one off a great cross-crease pass from Ryan Suzuki to tie the game up at 2. Matej Pekar collected the second assist on the goal.
With the Colts down on a 5 on 3 penalty kill, the Wolves capitalized to take the lead. It was Kosta Manikis scoring his first OHL goal on a deflection from Levin, with Byfield getting the second assist. The Colts would pull their goalie in the dying moments of the third and had lots of pressure, but it was Shane Bulitka going the other way and scoring for the Wolves to put this game out of reach Byfield and Levin both picked up assists on the empty netter.
The Wolves would hang on to win by a score of 4-2.
The Barrie Colts are back in action tomorrow night against the Soo Greyhounds in the third game in three nights.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2019
- Spirit Shocks Troops 9-1 - North Bay Battalion
- Storm's Hillis Records Five Points, Downs Otters 7-5 - Erie Otters
- Fronts Fall 4-2 in Close Game with Bulldogs - Kingston Frontenacs
- Sting Take Down #1 Team in the Country; Beat Generals 9-5 - Sarnia Sting
- Sting Hand Generals First Loss of the Season in High Scoring Affair - Oshawa Generals
- Kade Landry Plays 200th Career Game, Bulldogs Win 4-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Six-Goal Second Period Leads Spirit to Decisive 9-1 Victory - Saginaw Spirit
- Team Effort Leads Steelheads to Victory - Mississauga Steelheads
- Colts Lose in Hard Fought Battle against the Wolves - Barrie Colts
- Rangers Lose OT Thriller to the Firebirds, 4-3 - Kitchener Rangers
- 67's Last Minute Comeback Falls Short to Peterborough - Ottawa 67's
- Akil Thomas and Phil Tomasino Score in Hard Fought 3-2 Loss to Steelheads - Niagara IceDogs
- Game Preview: Undefeated Generals Faceoff against Unvictorious Sarnia Sting - Oshawa Generals
- Generals Announce Leadership Group for the 2019/2020 Season - Oshawa Generals
- Spirit Announce Return of Meijer Loyalty Rewards Program - Saginaw Spirit
- Preview: Spirit Face Battalion Friday in Their Only Trip to the Dow - Saginaw Spirit
- Curtis Trolley Re-Assigned to Lindsay Muskies - Peterborough Petes
- Weekend Preview - Steelheads Look to Bounce Back - Mississauga Steelheads
- Sting Get First Win of the Season in Barrie - Sarnia Sting
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.