Colorado Eagles Goaltender Pavel Francouz Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Colorado Eagles goaltender Pavel Francouz has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending March 3, 2019.
Francouz was a perfect 4-0-0 in four starts last week, allowing just six goals on 145 shots (1.48 goals-against average, .959 save percentage) to help the Eagles move into a playoff position in the Pacific Division standings.
Francouz stopped 36 shots on Tuesday evening to backstop Colorado to a 5-3 win over San Antonio, then made 30 saves on Wednesday for his second shutout of the season, a 6-0 victory over the Rampage. The Eagles then overtook Tucson for fourth place in the Pacific with a sweep of the Roadrunners' two-game weekend visit, as Francouz turned aside a season-high 43 shots in a 3-2 overtime victory on Saturday and made 30 more saves in a 2-1 win on Sunday.
In his first season of play in North America, Francouz has made 38 appearances for the Eagles and owns a record of 21-13-2 with a 2.68 goals-against average and a .918 save percentage. He is currently tied for third in the AHL in victories and ranks second in saves (1,093) while placing fourth in minutes played (2,169). The native of Plzen, Czech Republic, also made his NHL debut with the Colorado Avalanche earlier this season, posting a .943 save percentage in two appearances. Francouz, who signed with the Avalanche as a free agent on May 2, 2018, was named the top goaltender in the KHL last season and represented the Czech Republic at the 2018 Olympics in PyeongChang.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Francouz will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Eagles home game.
Colorado returns to action when the Eagles travel to San Diego to take on the San Diego Gulls on Friday, March 8th at 8:00pm MT.
Single-game tickets for the 2018-19 season are on-sale now and start at just $18 per seat. Purchase your seats today by visiting the Budweiser Events Center box office, online at ColoradoEagles.com or by calling the Eagles ticketing department at 970-686-SHOT (7468).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 4, 2019
- Week 22 Report: OT Thriller Highlights Hogs' 2-Game Split - Rockford IceHogs
- Insider: Big Week for First-Place Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Acquire Plant, Recall Lane - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Finally Return Home Tuesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Left Wing Spencer Naas Returned to Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Senators Acquire Fyten from Providence - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 4-10 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolf Pack Release Zac Lynch from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Martin Ouellette to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Seventh Annual "Dogs Night Out" Game Set for Sunday, March 10 against Binghamton - Rochester Americans
- Forward Matt Luff Recalled by Los Angeles - Ontario Reign
- Colorado Eagles Goaltender Pavel Francouz Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Colorado Eagles
- Colorado's Pavel Francouz Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Colorado Releases VanWormer from PTO - Colorado Eagles
- Reign Rally Undone by Iowa - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Francouz Joins Czech Republic at 2019 IIHF World Championships
- Colorado's Playoff Run Ends in 5-2 Loss to Condors in Game Four
- Colorado Eagles Recall Forward Kale Kessy
- Eagles Announce Series of Transactions
- Bakersfield Takes 2-1 Series Lead with 5-2 Victory over Eagles