Week 22 Report: OT Thriller Highlights Hogs' 2-Game Split
The Rockford IceHogs split their two games last week, dropping a 1-0 shutout in Chicago on Feb. 26 and notching a 5-4 overtime win at home against Grand Rapids on March 1. The Hogs are now 10-4-0-1 over their last 15 games since Jan. 25.
Rockford enters the week tied with Texas for a fourth and final playoff berth in the Central Division (63 points). Aside from Chicago (72 points), Iowa (72 points) and Grand Rapids (71 points), the remaining five teams in the Central are within five points of each other for the division's final playoff berth. Entering Monday, the Central is the only division in which each team has a .500-or-better record.
The Hogs have won eight of their last 10 home games with an 8-2-0-0 record at the BMO in that span. Rockford is averaging 3.7 goals/game at home over that stretch, including scoring five goals in each of the last three home games.
The IceHogs have played into overtime in more than a third of their 59 games this season (21 of 59 games). Rockford leads the AHL in overtime wins with a 10-3 clip in such games. Over the last four years, only one team in the AHL has more overtime wins in a single season (Texas, 11-8 in OT in 2017-18).
Jordan Schroeder tallied his first three-point game of the season with two goals and an assist against Grand Rapids Friday. Schroeder now has nine points (6g, 3a) over his last seven games with three multi-point efforts in that span. The forward also potted his eighth power-play goal Friday, which is the most for an IceHogs skater since the 2012-13 season (Jeremy Morin, 12 PPGs).
Henri Jokiharju has logged 12 points (1g, 11a) in 13 games with Rockford since making his AHL debut on Feb. 1. He leads the league in assists and is second among all AHL defensemen in total scoring since his debut.
Saturday, March 9 | Rockford at Manitoba (6 p.m.) The IceHogs open a two-game trip in Manitoba with their first road game of the 2018-19 series. Rockford has points in each of the first two meetings with the Moose with a 1-0-0-1 record.
Sunday, March 10 | Rockford at Manitoba (2 p.m.) The Hogs and Moose cap their 2018-19 series with the fourth and final matchup between the two teams. The IceHogs went 2-0-0-0 on the road in last year's series.
BUD LIGHT MONTHLY MONDAY HOG TALK AT VINTAGE 501
Bud Light Hog Talk returns to Vintage 501 TONIGHT (March 4). Vintage 501 is located in downtown Rockford at 501 E. State St. Fans can join broadcaster Joseph Zakrzewski from 6-7 p.m. on the first Monday of every month throughout the season as the duo chats with IceHogs players, coaches and front office members. For those unable to attend the show in-person, Monday's show will be streaming live on IceHogs.com. "Bud Light Hog Talk" will also be available on www.icehogs.com following the live show. Fans can access the podcast through the "Audio Highlights" link in the "Multimedia" menu. Tonight's guests are Anthony Louis and Nick Moutrey.
ICEHOGS BROADCASTING NETWORK
Catch the IceHogs this season on WIFR's 23.2 Antenna TV. The games can also be viewed on Comcast Cable channel 434, Charter Cable channel 194, Dish Network channel 252 or Mediacom 102 in the Rockford market and online through watchtheAHL.com. Each TV broadcast will start with "IceHogs Warm Up" 30 minutes prior to puck drop. Fans can also listen to the action for free at sportsfanradio1330.com, facebook.com/rockfordicehogs and IceHogs.com. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com, and for the complete schedule of radio broadcasts, visit sportsfanradio1330.com.
TICKETS ON SALE FOR 2018-19!
IceHogs individual game tickets can be purchased by calling (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any regular season home game during the 2018-19 season. Tickets can also be purchased online at IceHogs.com, in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford or at any Ticketmaster outlet, including Walmart.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 4, 2019
- Week 22 Report: OT Thriller Highlights Hogs' 2-Game Split - Rockford IceHogs
- Insider: Big Week for First-Place Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Acquire Plant, Recall Lane - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Finally Return Home Tuesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Left Wing Spencer Naas Returned to Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Senators Acquire Fyten from Providence - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 4-10 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolf Pack Release Zac Lynch from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Martin Ouellette to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Seventh Annual "Dogs Night Out" Game Set for Sunday, March 10 against Binghamton - Rochester Americans
- Forward Matt Luff Recalled by Los Angeles - Ontario Reign
- Colorado Eagles Goaltender Pavel Francouz Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Colorado Eagles
- Colorado's Pavel Francouz Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Colorado Releases VanWormer from PTO - Colorado Eagles
- Reign Rally Undone by Iowa - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Quenneville and Tomkins Among Four Players Assigned to IceHogs from Blackhawks
- IceHogs Receive 10 Players from the Chicago Blackhawks Ahead of 2020-21 Season
- 2020 Blackhawks Draft Pick & OHL Premier Goal Scorer Chad Yetman Joins IceHogs
- 28 Teams to Participate in 2020-21 AHL Season Including IceHogs
- Chicago Blackhawks Training Camp Roster Packed with IceHogs